|By Marketwired .||
|January 30, 2013 12:54 PM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/30/13 -- Media Sentiment, Inc. (PINKSHEETS: MSEZ) announces that it has finalized the acquisition of a new asset, the social media sentiment curatorial technology of www.socialmediasentiment.com.
Marian Munz, MSEZ's CEO, said, "We continue to build our asset base with this new social media tool. With this acquisition we feel that we are entering a new phase in the company's life cycle. Not too long ago we introduced the notion of 'media sentiment,' which became our trademark. We have developed an innovative, patent-pending technology that focuses on determining the sentiment of news and information in real time. In the first phase, the technology focused on earnings news releases of companies listed on NASDAQ and NYSE. Today, most major players in the industry have recognized the extraordinary impact that these news releases have on a public company's valuation, the moment the news is released. Many companies and individuals have seen the benefits of sentiment analysis as well. With this new acquisition we are continuing our work on new and innovative products that, we believe, will help to shape the industry for the next period."
Munz continued, "Social networking technologies are becoming more and more a part of the fabric of today's internet community. We feel that these new and innovative technologies bring a tremendous social value and deserve the market valuation seen at some of the leaders, such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Pinterest. Just recently, the social content web site Buzzfeed has been reported to receive new funding that values the company at $200 million while Yahoo bought the social news start-up Snip.it only a few days ago."
The company plans to integrate the social media sentiment curatorial technology with the video courier technology under a new tool to be released soon.
As previously announced, these technologies will likely be integrated with mediasentiment.com and will help to develop a new user interface for the web site.
Media Sentiment, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks