|By Marketwired .||
|January 30, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
HOUSTON, TX -- (Marketwire) -- 01/30/13 -- Idera, a leading provider of application and server management solutions, today announced that the company saw record growth in 2012 -- adding more than 1,700 new customers. This growth was a direct result of the company receiving 15 product and corporate awards, appointing four new key executives, and launching seven disruptive products in a single year. This momentum is a testament to Idera's leadership position as a company addressing the challenges that IT departments will face in 2013.
"2012 was a critical year for Idera as we expanded our product portfolio and established strong positions in the SharePoint and Server backup markets to augment our leadership position in SQL Server management," said Rick Pleczko, President and CEO, Idera. "We're excited about the growth, in both revenue and profitability, that we achieved in 2012, along with the additions to the executive team to lead our next phase of growth."
Early in 2012, Idera announced four key executive additions including, Jerry Morgan, VP of Worldwide Sales, Diana Massaro, VP of Marketing, and two new board appointments; Mike Bennett, former CEO of SolarWinds, as Executive Chairman and Rita Selvaggi, former VP of Marketing at SolarWinds and adviser at Technology Crossover Ventures, as a board member. In addition, the company received six corporate awards including being listed in the Houston Business Journal's Fast Tech 50 award for the ninth year in a row and Deloitte's Technology Fast 500 for the fifth year in a row. Other awards include:
- Inc. 5000 - Inc. Magazine
- Houston Fast 100 - Houston Business Journal
- Top Workplaces in 2012 - Houston Chronicle
- The Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in Houston.
On the product side, Idera made seven market-landscape changing announcements and a host of improvements to their market leading products. Critical to Idera's commitment to the IT community, was the introduction of four new free tools: SQL backup status reporter, SQL fragmentation analyzer, Azure SQL database backup and PowerShell Plus, which enable IT administrators to increase their productivity and simplify management of their applications and servers. The announcements of Server Backup, SharePoint encrypt and SQL compliance manager, along with market disruptive new pricing models, saw record downloads from customers as Idera re-enforced its commitment to full-featured and high functionality products combined with simplistic pricing structures.
All of this resulted in the company winning nine "2012 Editors' Best Awards" from Penton Media's SQL Server Pro and Windows IT Pro magazines including:
- Best Backup and Recovery Product - SQL safe backup, Editors' Best Gold
- Best Security/Auditing/Compliance Product - SQL compliance manager, Editors' Best Gold and Community Choice Gold
- Best Scripting Product - PowerShell Plus, Editors' Best Gold
- Best Database Management Product - SQL toolbox, Editors' Best Silver and Community Choice Silver
- Best Database Monitoring and Performance Product - SQL diagnostic manager, Editors' Best Silver and Community Choice Gold
- Best Free Tool - SQL check won Community Choice Bronze.
"With the dramatic increase in the number of physical and virtual servers fueled by decreasing hardware costs, virtualization technologies, and increasing application requirements, IT departments are challenged to effectively manage their critical servers and applications," said Pleczko. "This dynamic has driven the need for infrastructure management products like Idera's; products with the right combination of compelling functionality and price point."
Corporate Communications Manager
claire.seeger at idera.com
kristi at strategiclee.com
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks