|By Business Wire||
|January 30, 2013 07:03 AM EST||
The West Virginia Health Information Network (WVHIN) has released a new online tool for medical providers to submit a provider connectivity readiness assessment survey online at http://www.wvhin.org. The provider connectivity readiness assessment survey will be used to provide the WVHIN with information about providers’ organizations and how utilizing the Health Information Exchange would benefit processes of care.
"The provider connectivity readiness assessment survey is the starting point for providers interested in becoming a participant in the WVHIN’s Health Information Exchange,” said Amber Nary, WVHIN Business Development Manager. “The survey helps the WVHIN understand the providers’ connectivity goals, baseline their EHR system capability to connect to the WVHIN and to gather general information about their organization."
Currently, critically important patient health information is often fragmented and residing in many different electronic health record (EHR) systems that do not communicate with each other. The WVHIN’s Health Information Exchange (HIE) allows patient health information to be shared seamlessly and securely across disparate EHR systems. Providers using the new online survey tool will benefit from:
- A secure login
- A user-friendly interview process
- The ability to conveniently save information and continue the survey at a later time
- A secure survey data submission process
The mission of the West Virginia Health Information Network is to provide the health care community with a trusted, integrated and seamless electronic structure enabling medical data exchange necessary for high-quality, patient-centered care while ensuring the privacy and security of patient health care information. Visit http://www.wvhin.org for more information.
The new online survey was developed at no cost to the West Virginia Health Information Network through the state’s self-funded electronic government program, WV.gov. For more information about West Virginia’s electronic government program, visit: http://www.wv.gov/partner.
WV.gov is the official website of the State of West Virginia (http://www.wv.gov) and is the result of an innovative public-private partnership between the state and West Virginia Interactive. West Virginia Interactive works with state and local government agencies to build and manage interactive online services and is a subsidiary of eGovernment firm NIC (NASDAQ: EGOV).
NIC Inc. (NASDAQ: EGOV) is the nation's leading provider of official government portals, online services, and secure payment processing solutions. The company's innovative eGovernment services help reduce costs and increase efficiencies for government agencies, citizens, and businesses across the country. NIC provides eGovernment solutions for more than 3,500 federal, state, and local agencies across the United States. Additional information is available at http://www.egov.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher