|By Marketwired .||
|January 30, 2013 12:05 AM EST||
CALGARY, ALBERTA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/30/13 -- Kilimanjaro Capital Ltd., a private Canadian company focusing on emerging nations in West Africa, is pleased to announce that on 29 January, 2013 it signed an agreement with Forest Gate Energy Inc. granting Forest Gate Energy a 20% stake in the future oil and mineral development of the Southern Cameroons. The region contains known petroleum reserves and significant untapped opportunities for gold, diamond, uranium, iron, bauxite, and manganese exploration.
The Assignment Agreement held by Kilimanjaro Capital from the Government of Southern Cameroons provides for exclusive rights and covers an area of approximately 43,000 square kilometers including the Northern and Southern Provinces, the Bakassi Peninsula, and future offshore rights. Southern Cameroons is the former United Nations Trust Territory of the British Southern Cameroons which is seeking to secede from the predominately French speaking Republic of the Cameroon.
Forest Gate Energy Inc. is a publicly-listed natural resource exploration and development company based in Calgary, Canada. The Forest Gate Energy team has broad experience in hydrocarbon and mining development. The equity based agreement with Kilimanjaro Capital specifies Forest Gate Energy's 20% interest may be converted to a specific property and that the two companies will provide mutual technical assistance to each other in developing the Southern Cameroons. Michael Judson, Forest Gate Energy CEO, will join the Kilimanjaro Capital Board of Directors.
Zulfikar Rashid, Chief Executive of Kilimanjaro Capital said: "Forest Gate Energy and its CEO Michael Judson's association with Kilimanjaro Capital is a welcome development. Michael Judson has a proven track record of the ability to see value where others cannot and to exploit exceptional opportunities. The mining and hydrocarbon experience of Forest Gate Energy will immediately boost Kilimanjaro's asset acquisition and development stance in West Africa."
Kilimanjaro Capital also announced the previous appointment of Southern Cameroonian independence advocate Ebenezer Akwanga to its Advisory Board.
Kilimanjaro Capital Ltd.
Kilimanjaro Capital Ltd.
7015 Macleod Trail, South Suite 400
Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2H 2K6
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks