|By Marketwired .||
|January 29, 2013 09:11 PM EST||
SAN DIEGO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/29/13 -- Future Facilities North America, a leading provider of data center design and operations management software, today announced that its General Manager for North America, Sherman Ikemoto will lead a discussion on how the proper use of Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) and capacity planning can maximize data center utilization at the Green Data Center Conference at the Sheraton La Jolla hotel January 29-31, 2013.
On January 30th at 1:15 p.m., Mr. Ikemoto will discuss how to develop a roadmap to incrementally reclaim lost data center capacity, with the goal of reaching 100% utilization in future IT deployments. Mr. Ikemoto will discuss a case study of an enterprise data center that was operating at forty percent under assumed load capacity, presenting the facility with significant financial and operational risks due to non-optimal airflow.
The discussion will go into detail on how the enterprise data center worked with Future Facilities to develop a mitigation strategy based on the simulation of power and cooling through Future Facilities' predictive DCIM offering. The simulation provided a real-time analysis of interdependent space, cooling and power resources. Additionally, the simulation determined lost capacity for each zone, enabling engineers to recommend immediate changes to the physical layout.
Throughout the discussion, attendees will be provided with instructions on tools, techniques and best practices of data center modeling, while getting the answers to the following questions:
- How is compute capacity lost?
- Once lost, can it be reclaimed?
- Can lost capacity be avoided altogether?
About Future Facilities
Future Facilities is a leading provider of simulation software for the design, optimization and management of mission-critical facilities and data centers. A leader in predictive DCIM software, Future Facilities offers a suite of integrated software products that tackles the challenges of data center lifecycle engineering. Additional information can be found at http://www.futurefacilities.com.
Milldam Public Affairs LLC
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London