|By Marketwired .||
|January 29, 2013 06:41 PM EST||
OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/29/13 -- The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) and United Marketing & JB Enterprises Inc. are warning people with sensitivities to sulphites not to consume the JB brand Apricots described below. The affected product contains sulphites which are not declared on the label.
The affected product, JB brand Apricots, are sold in 450 g clamshell packages bearing UPC 8 92012 00164 5. All codes of the product are affected.
This product has been distributed in Ontario.
There has been one reported reaction associated with the consumption of this product.
Consumption of this product may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction in persons with sensitivities to sulphites.
The packager, United Marketing & JB Enterprises Inc., Scarborough, Ontario, is voluntarily recalling the affected product from the marketplace. The CFIA is monitoring the effectiveness of the recall.
For more information, consumers and industry can call one of the following numbers:
Meilissa, United Marketing & JB Enterprises Inc. at 416-275-3010;
CFIA at 1-800-442-2342 / TTY 1-800-465-7735 (8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern time, Monday to Friday).
For information on common food allergens, visit the Food Allergens web page at: http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/fssa/labeti/allerg/allerge.shtml.
For information on all food recalls, visit the CFIA's Food Recall Report at: http://active.inspection.gc.ca/eng/corp/recarapp_dbe.asp
To find out more about receiving recalls by e-mail, and other food safety facts, visit: www.foodsafety.gc.ca. Food and consumer product recalls are also available at http://www.healthycanadians.gc.ca.
CFIA Media Relations
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks