|By Marketwire .||
|January 29, 2013 02:43 PM EST||
EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND -- (Marketwire) -- 01/29/13 -- Boldly preserving the ambience of one of Scotland's finest Baronial manors, Dalmahoy, A Marriott Hotel & Country Club has commenced an exciting refurbishment of its 7 period rooms in the main house of the West Lothian hotel. The refurbishment is sensitive to its noble history, retaining all of the distinctive period features of the building whilst adding touches of elegant luxury and the highest quality fixtures and fittings to make these rooms something truly special.
Work started on the refurbishment on the 15th of December and will continue until mid February. Included in the refurbishment is the famous 'Lady Mary's Room,' said to be haunted by Lady Mary Douglas, daughter of the Earl of Morton, Robert Douglas, who died in 1689. Staff at the 4 star hotel near Livingston is interested to see how Lady Mary will react to the works and it is hoped she will be happy with her new surroundings and agree that the disruptions were very much worth it!
About Dalmahoy, A Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Dalmahoy, A Marriott Hotel & Country Club is a stately retreat located within 1,000 acres of serene Scottish parkland. Featuring 215 luxury hotel rooms near Edinburgh, guests can choose from contemporary accommodations and experience bright and spacious rooms furnished to depict the heritage of this distinctive estate. An unrivaled destination for inspirational business meetings, corporate retreats or elegant social gatherings, the hotel features chic venues, a serene ambience, dedicated event managers and professional catering to ensure every event is a spectacular success.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2214359
Director of Sales & Marketing
Dalmahoy, A Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Kirknewton, Edinburgh, Scotland EH27 8EB
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks