|By Business Wire||
|January 29, 2013 02:41 PM EST||
Billfire Inc. today announced the upcoming availability of DocHub, a new SaaS-based critical document processing and delivery tool that gives users across any industry the ability to easily manage multichannel distribution of critical documents, such as statements and invoices, from a single workflow.
With DocHub, clients can distribute their statements or invoices by mail, fax, email, via an online posting, or any combination of these methods. DocHub also supports multiple deliveries for clients who want to send critical documents to “bill to” and “ship to” physical addresses and/or email and alternate email addresses.
Affirming DocHub’s ease of use, Director of Credit Services for Sysco San Diego Shelley Dugan notes, “Our in-house process was tedious, time-consuming, and expensive both in man-hours and actual costs. It sometimes took four to six hours to prepare statements for mailing. Using Billfire to process our statements, it now takes one person a few minutes to initiate the statement process, and then Billfire’s DocHub takes it from there, freeing our staff to do other tasks.”
DocHub key features include:
- Returned Mail Service—to improve delivery rates and reduce mailing costs
- High Impact Notices—strategic uses of color to grab attention and bring about action
- Dynamic Messaging—sends the right message to the right customer at the right time
- Color Banners—high-impact visual elements raise visibility of important customer-centric messaging
- Inserts—can accompany any statement or invoice
DocHub pricing is dependent on document volume, production requirements, and mail options. Billfire Sales will provide a quote based on client requirements. DocHub will be available in Q2 2013. To learn more, contact Billfire Sales at 480.513.8025.
ABOUT BILLFIRE INC.
Founded in 2001 and based in Scottsdale, Arizona, privately held Billfire, Inc. specializes in creating Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) tools that simplify receivables management for A/R and credit departments in companies large and small. Billfire’s online toolset streamlines processes, improves access to critical data, and strengthens relationships. As a result, Billfire clients are better able to reduce their DSO and mitigate risks. www.billfire.com
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher