|By Business Wire||
|January 29, 2013 02:29 PM EST||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kskd89/internet) has announced the addition of the "Internet Demographics in India 2012" report to their offering.
Understanding the parameters that impacts Internet and E-commerce users demographics in India is of paramount importance. For future proliferation to occur identifying and addressing these parameters gain utmost importance. Following macro-economic parameters impacts the current and future growth patterns of Internet Demographics;
- Number of HHs with Internet
- HHs and Business segment penetration
- HHs propensity for communications spends
- Internet users spends product category-wise
- Mobile commerce
Other key factors like spectrum allocation for 2G and 3G, technology issues like last mile connectivity, revenue and infrastructure sharing among stakeholders also needs to addressed and resolved.
Internet in India is still DSL centric. India needs to adopt other technologies like fibre to positively impact Internet proliferation. The splits of narrowband vs. Broadband users' splits also show very interesting trends in India.
Broadband as a whole has much higher users as compared to broadband in India. This trend is quite evident in many states across India. Internet Access in Businesses technology is currently skewed in favour of Dial up connections. In case of Households DSL is the primary access technology for Interent in India.
Internet users and their demographics can increase at a fast clip in future provided all issues surrounding this Industry are addressed and resolved.
- Office of the Registrar General of India
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Census 2011
- UN Population division
- Yankee Group
- McKinsey Global Institute
- Ministry of Communications and Information Technology
- Lok Sabha
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kskd89/internet
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks