|By Business Wire||
|January 29, 2013 04:01 AM EST||
ECI Telecom, a global provider of next-generation network solutions, today announced that MTS, the leading mobile operator in Russia, has deployed ECI’S Apollo Optimized Multi-Layer Transport (OMLT) platforms to extend the existing ECI’s DWDM backbone, enabling all advanced services, including 100G.
- Mobile TeleSystems (MTS) is the leading telecommunications group in Russia, Eastern Europe and Central Asia, offering mobile and fixed voice, broadband, pay TV as well as content and entertainment services in one of the world’s fastest growing regions.
- The project links Moscow and Saint Petersburg. With more than 1,000 km, it has been operational since 2003, with both 2.5G and 10G. By adding Apollo OMLT shelves with 100G cards in add/drop points, MTS can leverage the already installed XDM shelves, saving time and money while enabling new services.
- The Apollo OMLT is part of ECI’s 1Net framework for addressing our customers’ challenges in their day-to-day operation and strategic directions. Both Apollo and the XDM are managed by ECI’s LightSoft® Network Management System, enabling end-to-end provisioning, simplified operations and faster time to market.
ECI‘s platforms bring a cost-effective and advanced core solution for MTS’ backbone network. MTS has deployed the Apollo OPT9624 to expand its cross-country DWDM backbone based on ECI optical platforms. The new Apollo DWDM network will enable MTS to provide advanced high capacity, long reach 100G services. It includes connection between core routers with 100G link.
“We are facing the challenge to provide our customers quality and
high-speed data exchange while its volume grows every year. According to
our forecast the penetration of smartphones in our network will reach
60% by the end of 2015; launches of LTE networks in Russian regions will
force the mobile traffic growth; implementation of fixed line internet
and its usage growth will increase the volume of data traffic in our
backbones at 6-10 times. At the moment the volume of everyday traffic
exchange between Moscow and Saint Petersburg is over 1 Petabyte and we
are building the high-performance system of backbone lines sequentially
enhancing its capacity to supply the demand in data exchange in
Andrey Ushatskiy, Vice-president, Group CTO, MTS
“With about 100 million mobile subscribers, MTS is able to edge ahead
with 100G capabilities in one of the main telecom links in the country.
The Russian market faces one of the fiercest competition today in the
world, and by leveraging the deployed XDM network, MTS can migrate to
advanced services more cost-effectively and with faster time to market.”
Boris Mirkin, Head of Russia and CIS Business Unit, ECI Telecom
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
ABOUT ECI TELECOM
ECI Telecom delivers innovative communications platforms to carriers and service providers worldwide. ECI provides efficient platforms and solutions that enable customers to rapidly deploy cost-effective, revenue-generating services. Founded in 1961, Israel-based ECI has consistently delivered customer-focused networking solutions to the world’s largest carriers. The Company is also a market leader in many emerging markets. ECI provides scalable broadband access, transport and data networking infrastructure that provides the foundation for the communications of tomorrow, including next-generation voice, IPTV, mobility and other business solutions. For more information, please visit www.ecitele.com.
Mobile TeleSystems OJSC ("MTS") is the leading telecommunications group in Russia, Eastern Europe and Central Asia, offering mobile and fixed voice, broadband, pay TV as well as content and entertainment services in one of the world's fastest growing regions. Including its subsidiaries, the Group services about 100 million mobile subscribers. The Group has been awarded GSM licenses in Russia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Armenia and Belarus, a region that boasts a total population of more than 230 million. Since June 2000, MTS' Level 3 ADRs have been listed on the New York Stock Exchange (ticker symbol MBT). Additional information about the MTS Group can be found at www.mtsgsm.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?