|By Business Wire||
|January 28, 2013 05:45 PM EST||
Making the most out of visiting New Orleans—no matter who takes home the win—will be easier than ever for Super Bowl XLVII fans, thanks to tablets provided to Host Committee volunteers by Verizon Wireless.
Verizon provided more than 80 tablets to the Super Bowl XLVII Host Committee to support volunteers with guiding, helping, directing and entertaining fans visiting New Orleans for The Big Game on Feb. 3. Equipped with 4G LTE connectivity and specially-designed apps created just for the occasion, the tablets will be deployed with volunteers across the historic French Quarter and Central Business District.
This technology investment comes in advance of what is anticipated to be a record-breaking wireless-data event, with consumers turning to social media, mobile connectivity and live streaming on wireless devices to communicate before, during and after The Big Game.
“We are thrilled to provide a connectivity solution to some of the most important members of the Super Bowl XLVII team—the volunteers,” said Krista Bourne – president, Houston/Gulf Coast Region, Verizon Wireless. “As the face of New Orleans to visitors, it is more important than ever that our volunteers have technology and a network they can rely on for the most anticipated sporting event in America.”
Volunteers equipped with Verizon’s tablets will be deployed beginning Wednesday, Jan. 30, and will provide assistance to visitors through Super Bowl Sunday, Feb. 3.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 98.2 million retail customers, including 92.5 million retail postpaid customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 73,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks