|By Marketwired .||
|January 28, 2013 04:46 PM EST||
ROSEMEAD, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/28/13 -- Panda Express, the world leader in Asian dining experiences, introduces its latest premium entrée, Tangy Jumbo Shrimp, on Jan. 30 just in time to celebrate Chinese New Year and ring in the Year of the Snake. Tangy Jumbo Shrimp combines crispy, extra-large shrimp, fresh sugar peas and sweet red bell peppers, wok tossed in a new tangy Asian seafood sauce. Guests are invited to enjoy a free single serving of the dish on Feb.13.
"Chinese New Year is a traditional time to honor loved ones and celebrate with delicious and symbolic food. Our Tangy Jumbo Shrimp, made with unique and premium ingredients, is our way of celebrating this joyous time of the year with our guests," said Andy Kao, Executive Chef at Panda Express. "Shrimp symbolizes happiness and good fortune and with our Tangy Jumbo Shrimp, Panda Express wishes our guests a prosperous New Year."
According to the Chinese lunar calendar, the first moon signals the beginning of Chinese New Year, which is on Feb.10th and is celebrated for 15 days. Traditionally, families gather on New Year's Eve to enjoy a special meal, where entrées have symbolic meanings for well wishes in the upcoming year. This meal bears such importance that if a family member cannot attend, an empty seat is kept in place to symbolize their presence.
According to the Chinese zodiac, those born with the sign of the snake are said to be insightful, determined and loyal.
Tangy Jumbo Shrimp will be available at participating Panda Express locations nationwide on Jan. 30 as well as on the catering menu, perfect for guests hosting Chinese New Year parties.
Ring in the New Year with Panda Express and enjoy a free single serving of Tangy Jumbo Shrimp by downloading a coupon from the Panda Express Facebook page or the company's Website. The coupon will be available Jan. 30 and is redeemable only in participating locations on Feb. 13.
About Panda Express
2013 marks Panda Express' 30th Anniversary. Founded in 1983, with close to 1,600 locations in 42 states, Panda Express is part of Panda Restaurant Group, the world leader in Asian dining experiences. The successful chain of concepts includes Panda Express, Panda Inn and Hibachi-San. Panda Express is best known for its wide variety of original recipes including their famous Orange Chicken®, SweetFire Chicken Breast®, Award Winning Honey Walnut Shrimp and Shanghai Angus Steak. For more information visit, www.pandaexpress.com, or become a fan on Facebook.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London