|By Marketwired .||
|January 28, 2013 04:05 PM EST||
HERNDON, VA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/28/13 -- Join Meridian Knowledge Solutions and Brandon Hall Group for a free, one-hour webinar on January 31, 2013, from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. EST to learn how federal human capital management technologies and services are changing to meet the fiscal pressures, new policies and difficult tasks government agencies now face.
For example, the Obama administration has pushed for a move to cloud computing to cut technology and support costs and provide agencies with a common infrastructure. The GAO reported in July 2012 that federal agencies have made progress implementing OMB's "Cloud First" policy. And Government Technology magazine reports that a cloud policy will shape the future of IT management in government. But what does the move to cloud computing mean in practical terms for federal agencies and the people they serve?
Stacey Harris, vice president of Research & Advisory Services at Brandon Hall Group, will lead a panel discussion on the changes and future opportunities for government agencies with the following experts:
- Sean DuGuay, director, Business Development, CGI Federal Solutions
- Terry Miller, COO of federal government operations, Visionary Integration Professionals
- Geoff Perry, director of Software Development and Hosted Solutions, Meridian
Webinar takeaways will include:
- Learn the difference between IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Understand the fundamental elements of an integrated Federal HCM solutions
- Get examples of integrated federal solutions
"Cloud computing is just one of the technology shifts that government agencies are now making a part of their strategies," said John Leh, vice president of Sales and Marketing for Meridian. "The 'cloud' can actually increase the security of information systems for government. But, for that to happen, it's important to have certain policies and procedures in place before an implementation; you also need assurances that your vendor is complying with government security requirements."
Meridian Knowledge Solutions is the #1-rated human-capital management company for customer loyalty, with a documented customer retention rate of 98 percent. Meridian provides integrated solutions for over 350 clients with 8.5 million active users including AutoZone, Bell Helicopter, CSX Corporation, J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc., Panera Bread, Sunrise Senior Living, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, and more than 80 federal, state and local governments. Meridian takes a unique approach to tailor every solution to exact client needs. Meridian asks the right questions, listens and molds its solution to fit its customers' unique requirements. Meridian offers SaaS, private cloud or on-premises deployments.
Meridian's flagship product, the Meridian Global LMS, integrates advanced learning management, mobile learning, social learning, e-commerce, learning content management, performance management and workforce analytics into one fully integrated solution. Meridian also provides strategic professional services, mobile and e-learning courseware development and hosting services.
Meridian is a wholly owned subsidiary of Visionary Integration Professionals. To learn more, visit www.meridianksi.com or follow Meridian on Twitter @MeridianKS
Mobile: 614 975 7538
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher