|By Ignacio M. Llorente||
|January 30, 2013 11:00 AM EST||
Continuing its strong commitment to open-source and to the OpenNebula community, C12G Labs has just announced the open-source release of OpenNebulaApps, a suite of tools for users and administrators of OpenNebula clouds to simplify and optimize multi-tiered application management. The new software has been released under Apache license and will be incorporated into the main distribution of OpenNebula. After the announcement made two weeks ago about the public distribution of OpenNebula Maintenance Updates and Service Packs, the incorporation of this innovative functionality consolidates OpenNebula's position as the most advanced, enterprise-ready open-source cloud management platform.
OpenNebulaApps provides a service management layer on top of OpenNebula infrastructure management capabilities by configuring the stack in the virtual machines, managing multi-tiered services, and building a private market to distribute appliances across several OpenNebula instances. Because Cloud applications consist of stacks of software components, OpenNebulaApps contributes to significantly reduce the time needed to build, distribute, and run new applications. The suite includes:
- AppStage to perform the automatic installation and configuration of the software stack that constitutes an application environment, enabling you to easily define software configurations for your virtual machines and share them with other users
- AppFlow to enable the automatic execution of multi-tiered applications composed of interconnected virtual machines, managing them as a single entity
- AppMarket to build a centralized and private catalog of cloud applications to share and distribute virtual appliances across different OpenNebula instances.
This new enterprise functionality, along with the existing production-ready processes for software release, Q&A and upgrade, and the availability of several support options directly from developers, reduces cost and complexity of building and operating OpenNebula clouds and ensures its long term stability and performance.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher