|By Marketwired .||
|January 28, 2013 11:00 AM EST||
MALVERN, PA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/28/13 -- Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. (NYSE: VSH) today introduced a new series of axial cemented wirewound resistors that are the industry's first to offer a customized high-voltage surge withstanding capability up to 12 kV.
Designed to limit in-rush currents during high voltage surges, the Vishay Draloric devices are optimized for power supplies in electronic meters, industrial and home appliances, and electronic ballasts. For increased safety in overload conditions, the devices feature non-flammable cement coatings and high-grade ceramic cores.
The Z300-C series features a high-voltage surge withstand capability up to 12 kV as per IEC 61000-4-5 (1.2 microseconds/50 microseconds). The maximum allowed surge handling capacity depends on the resistor model and ohmic value.
The resistors provide a power rating from 1 W to 6 W at an ambient temperature of 40 degrees C and 0.9 W to 5.4 W at 70 degrees C. The devices offer resistance from 0.15 ohms to 10 kilohms (with other values available on request), resistance tolerances of 5 % and 10 %, and temperature coefficient (TCR) of 200 ppm/K (400 ppm/K for resistance values below 1 ohm).
Z300-C resistors are RoHS-compliant and comply with Vishay "Green" standards.
Samples and production quantities of the Z300-C series devices are available now, with lead times of eight to 10 weeks for larger orders. Follow wirewound resistors from Vishay at http://twitter.com/vishayindust.
Vishay Intertechnology, Inc., a Fortune 1,000 Company listed on the NYSE (VSH), is one of the world's largest manufacturers of discrete semiconductors (diodes, MOSFETs, and infrared optoelectronics) and passive electronic components (resistors, inductors, and capacitors). These components are used in virtually all types of electronic devices and equipment, in the industrial, computing, automotive, consumer, telecommunications, military, aerospace, power supplies, and medical markets. Vishay's product innovations, successful acquisition strategy, and "one-stop shop" service have made it a global industry leader. Vishay can be found on the Internet at www.vishay.com.
Link to datasheet:
Link to product photo:
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher