|By Marketwired .||
|January 28, 2013 08:12 AM EST||
JERSEY, CHANNEL ISLANDS -- (Marketwire) -- 01/28/13 --
RANDGOLD RESOURCES LIMITED Incorporated in Jersey, Channel Islands Reg. No. 62686 LSE Trading Symbol: RRS Nasdaq Trading Symbol: GOLD ("Randgold Resources" or the "company") APPOINTMENT OF INDEPENDENT NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR: JEANINE MABUNDA LIOKO London, 28 January 2013- Randgold Resources has appointed Jeanine Mabunda Lioko as an independent non-executive director with effect from 28 January 2013. Mrs Mabunda Lioko has held various management and technical positions in the Democratic Republic of the Congo's finance industry, including working for Citigroup. In 1998, she became an advisor to the cabinet of the Governor of Banque Centrale du Congo where she was involved in the ongoing negotiations with the IMF and World Bank as well as participating in the Kimberley Process. From February 2007 to March 2012, she was the Minister of Portfolio of the DRC and now is a serving member of the National Assembly of the DRC, representing the Equateur Province. She was educated in Brussels, Belgium, and holds a degree in law from the Catholic University of Louvain and a postgraduate degree in Commercial Science from the ICHEC Brussels Management School. Welcoming her to the board, Randgold Resources chairman Philippe Lietard, said Jeanine is a highly respected professional, with many years' experience in both the private and public sectors, and a deep knowledge of the African environment within which the company operates. RANDGOLD RESOURCES ENQUIRIES: Chief Executive Financial Director Investor & Media Relations Mark Bristow Graham Shuttleworth Kathy du Plessis +44 788 071 1386 +44 1534 735 333 +44 20 7557 7738 +44 779 775 2288 +44 779 771 1338 Email: email@example.com Website: www.randgoldresources.com This information is provided by RNS The company news service from the London Stock Exchange END
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?