|By Marketwired .||
|January 27, 2013 09:16 AM EST||
PUNE, INDIA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/27/13 -- Persistent Systems (BOMBAY: PERSISTENT) (NSE: PERSISTENT), the global leader in software product and technology services, today announced the Company's audited financial results for the third quarter ended December 31, 2012, as approved by the Board of Directors.
"We continue to see growth in Product Engineering Services which grew steadily quarter on quarter, reaffirming that our core business continues to be strong," said Dr. Anand Deshpande, Chairman and Managing Director, Persistent Systems. "We have strengthened and expanded our partnership with Dassault Systèmes and with our most recent acquisition of NovaQuest, we are extending PLM business across new industry verticals. IP revenue continues to grow steadily and we see tremendous business opportunities across all our focus areas in cloud computing, collaboration, analytics and mobility."
- Revenue for nine months ended December 31, 2012 was US$ 175.71 Million, representing a Y-o-Y growth of 14.7%.
- Profit after Tax (PAT) for nine months ended December 31, 2012 was 1,357.33 Million, representing a Y-o-Y growth of 35%.
- IP-led business constitutes 17.1% of the revenue for nine months ended December 31, 2012.
- Utilization improved Q-o-Q by 1.8% to 79.5%.
- Acquired Novaquest, a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Search Based technology solutions company thereby entering into a strategic partnership with Dassault Systèmes to sell and offer support, maintenance and deployment services as an authorized VAR for Dassault Systèmes' in the United States.
- Declared an interim dividend of 6 per share (Payout ratio 20.55%) for the Financial Year
2012-13, as against a total dividend of 6 per share (Payout ratio 19.67%) for the Financial Year 2011-12.
- Appointed Dr. Sridhar Jagannathan as the Chief Innovation Officer responsible for driving innovation in products, solutions and services.
- Delivered an innovative acceleration process enabling Voltage Security®, to provide solution upgrades and security alerts to their customers in record time.
- Unveiled "The Modern Enterprise App Development Lifecycle" a new enterprise application at the E2 Innovate 2012 Conference.
- Expanded presence in Australia by establishing an office in Sydney.
Awards and Recognitions:
- Won the Tata Institute of Social Sciences LeapVault CLO Award for Best Corporate University in the "Emerging" category for Persistent Systems' Learning & Development Practices.
- Won the Indian Human Capital Awards 2012 - Best CSR Strategy.
- Won the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), silver shield Award for Excellence in Financial Reporting.
- Ranked 3rd in India and 8th Globally on the Corporate Governance Practices for 2012 by
IR Global Rankings (IRGR).
- Won the Asset - Gold Award for Corporate Governance, Social Responsibility and Investor Relations 2012.
- Won the Legal Counsel India Awards 2013 for Best Use of Technology and Innovation by a Legal Department.
About Persistent Systems:
Established in 1990, Persistent Systems (BOMBAY: PERSISTENT) (NSE: PERSISTENT) is a global company specializing in software product and technology services. For more than two decades, Persistent has been an innovation partner for the world's largest technology brands, leading enterprises and pioneering start-ups. With a global team of more than 6,000 employees, Persistent has 300 customers spread across North America, Europe, and Asia. Today, Persistent focuses on developing best-in-class solutions in four key next-generation technology areas: Cloud Computing, Mobility, Analytics and Collaboration, for telecommunications, life sciences, consumer packaged goods, banking & financial services and healthcare verticals. For more information, please visit: http://www.persistentsys.com.
Forward-looking and Cautionary Statements: For risks and uncertainties relating to forward-looking statements, please visit:
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks