|By Marketwired .||
|January 25, 2013 02:00 PM EST||
LONDON, ENGLAND -- (Marketwire) -- 01/25/13 --
Editors Note: There is a photo associated with this press release.
Since 2010, Kaplan's Facebook page has seen a strong growth in engagement and the number of fans has rapidly increased. This month the company celebrated reaching 75,000 on their global Facebook page, just a few months after hitting the 50,000 mark.
Last year was particularly eventful for the Kaplan social media team, thanks to the launch of photo competitions, the Kaplan Journal and the #KaplanExperience promotion on Instagram, which has created student winners from around the world.
The Kaplan social media team are looking forward to the year ahead and lots of activities have already been planned, including the Kaplan Talent Awards, which will encourage students from every language school to share their talents and skills with the rest of the world.
Hazel Marie Francis, social media assistant, said: "We're very happy and grateful to reach 75,000 fans. We love speaking to current and prospective students on a daily basis. We work towards creating a page, which is run for them.
"This involves sharing and creating content and providing information that they find engaging and useful. We're so excited about moving forward in the New Year and have lots of fun projects that can involve all of our fans."
Kaplan has a Facebook account for each of their colleges and countries in multiple languages, totalling the number of fans to more than 200,000. Each page aims to engage with students and Kaplan alumni, as well as those who are interested in travelling and learning English.
About Kaplan International Colleges
Kaplan International Colleges is part of Kaplan, Inc., an international education services provider offering higher education, professional training, and test preparation. Kaplan is a subsidiary of The Washington Post Company (NYSE:WPO). http://www.kaplaninternational.com.
To view the photo associated with this press release, please visit the following link: http://www.marketwire.com/library/20130125-kaplan_facebook_pic_jan25.jpg
Kaplan International Colleges
+44 20 7045 5126
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher