|By Marketwired .||
|January 25, 2013 01:29 PM EST||
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 01/25/13 -- In its inaugural year, the Red Bull Signature Series reached a historic audience milestone for action sports on broadcast television, drawing over 6 million viewers during each quarter of 2012. The action sports property, a collaboration with Red Bull Media House and NBC Sports Group, brought high octane, cinematic quality programming to millions of viewers and looks toward 2013 with new partners, more shows on NBC, progressive new courses and a redesigned digital experience.
The event series' popularity grew consistently, with average viewership increasing throughout 2012. The stunning programming kept the audience's attention, as individual average tune-in clocked in at over 40 minutes per episode. For 2013, the Red Bull Signature Series will be airing 23 hours on NBC, including the return of the successful Red Bull Crashed Ice property, Red Bull Rampage and Travis Rice's epic snowboarding adventure to the backcountry mountains of British Columbia.
"The first year of the Red Bull Signature Series on NBC succeeded in bringing a one-of-a-kind action sports property to a growing mainstream audience," said Rob Simmelkjaer, Senior Vice President of NBC Sports Ventures and International. "We're looking forward to moving into 2013 and bringing even more to the market through new events and a digital platform that matches the excitement of our event series."
The Red Bull Signature Series is adding the Dodge brand as a presenting partner, alongside returning partners Nike and Casio G'Z One Commando. Dodge will be the exclusive auto partner of the series, enjoying the benefits of integration across NBC broadcast and digital platforms, as well as custom content. The all-new 2013 Dodge Dart will be incorporated with on-site brand presence at events throughout the series.
"We experienced great success with our first year, producing the most watched action sports property on broadcast television," said Werner Brell, Managing Director, Red Bull Media House. "Together with NBC, we have created a unique value proposition for brands and sponsors to partner with us in order to reach their target audiences across all media."
2013 will also usher in the revamped RedBullSignatureSeries.com digital platform, creating mobile apps and providing viewers with even more high-energy behind-the-scenes content. The series will also be expanding its live stream offerings in 2013 for a best in class user experience. The new site will be rolled out in time for the first show of the 2013 season, Red Bull Crashed Ice Niagara, on January 26.
The series again will be hosted by Sal Masekela, who recently signed a multi-year extension with Red Bull Media House (RBMH) to be the voice of the Red Bull Signature Series and a diverse set of global sports properties and U.S. television programs produced by the company.
"This action sports property represents the evolution of sport," said Sean Eggert, Director, Sports, Red Bull North America. "In 2013, we are excited to bring new innovative event concepts with progressive courses that will challenge some of the best athletes in the world."
This year, the Red Bull Signature Series will be made up of 23 hours of action-packed original programming on NBC, as well as additional re-airs on NBC Sports and Comcast Sports Network. Event highlights include:
- Red Bull Dreamline - The world's top BMX riders come together to ride Anthony Napolitan's unrestricted trail-style course that sends riders to the moon, competing in a rider-judged jam format.
- Red Bull Jaws - The best of the best compete in a one day event that will crown the definitive big wave surfer in the world.
- Red Bull Wake Open - The largest stage for wakeboarding has the world's best competing in Park, Boat and Big Air.
- Red Bull Rampage - One of the top events in freestyle mountain biking, challenging man against mountain.
For more information visit www.redbullsignatureseries.com.
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2211489
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?