|By Marketwire .||
|January 24, 2013 08:00 PM EST||
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/24/13 -- Cadence Design Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CDNS), a leader in global electronic design innovation, received the "Customers' Choice Award" for its paper on DRAM Interface IP and technology at TSMC's recent Open Innovation Platform Ecosystem Forum. The paper focused on current and emerging trends in DRAM memories, and the technologies required to enable them. The award marks the second straight year attendees at the TSMC event selected Cadence for the honor.
In its paper, Cadence demonstrated advanced capabilities in the areas of 3D-IC, hybrid memory cube (HMC), wide I/O and other important DRAM developments. The company highlighted its early development of test chips with TSMC for advanced process nodes and its early IP releases for the newest industry standards.
"The Customers' Choice Award acknowledges the value of the contributions Cadence is making to bring new DRAM interface technology to market faster," said Martin Lund, senior vice president, research and development, SoC Realization Group at Cadence. "Working closely with TSMC and our customers, we have developed the IP and technology that serves as a major enabler for early customer adoption of advanced technology."
"Cadence is helping our customers bring their next-generation technology to market," said Suk Lee, TSMC senior director of Design Infrastructure Marketing. "Innovation in important areas like memory interface IP can have a significant impact on our customers' success, and this award is a reflection of that."
A year earlier, attendees at the TSMC ecosystem forum recognized Cadence for its paper on using clock concurrent optimization to improve power, performance and area on ARM A9 Cortex cores.
Cadence enables global electronic design innovation and plays an essential role in the creation of today's integrated circuits and electronics. Customers use Cadence software, hardware, IP, and services to design and verify advanced semiconductors, consumer electronics, networking and telecommunications equipment, and computer systems. The company is headquartered in San Jose, Calif., with sales offices, design centers, and research facilities around the world to serve the global electronics industry. More information about the company, its products, and services is available at www.cadence.com.
For more information, please contact:
Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks