|By Marketwired .||
|January 24, 2013 05:24 PM EST||
SAN MATEO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/24/13 --
- Serena's Innovative Solution for Service Transition Recognized by Pink Elephant
- See Serena Product Demos at Pink Elephant's International IT Service Management Conference and Expo in Las Vegas, Running February 17-20
Serena Software, the leader in orchestrated IT solutions, today announced that its service transition solution was named a finalist for the prestigious Pink Elephant 2012 Innovation of the Year Award. The winner of the award will be announced at 8:30 am PT on February 19 at the General Session of the 17th Annual Pink Elephant International IT Service Management Conference and Exhibition, being held in Las Vegas. Serena was named a winner for Pink Elephant's 2011 ITIL Innovation of the Year award for its Serena Service Manager solution.
As businesses become increasingly application-driven, IT is being called upon to provide a new kind of service -- to rapidly prioritize and speed changes through to releases for critical revenue-generating applications. The Serena technology recognized by Pink Elephant squarely addresses the automation and advancement of service transition, the ITIL volume focused on change, release and deployment management. No other software company focuses on the complete lifecycle of applications in the context of IT service management.
The Pink Elephant Innovation of the Year award acknowledges products or services developed by the vendor community that have made the greatest contribution in IT service management in the previous calendar year. Criteria for this year's award include successful automation of complex workflows and data aggregation across management tools or paradigm shift in the method for supporting Service Management.
"It was a difficult decision, to say the least, by our judging panel to select the short list of this year's technology standouts for our Pink Elephant Innovation of the Year Award. We were quite impressed by Serena's technology demonstration and felt it was a strong candidate so we were quite happy to name them a finalist once again."
- George Spalding, Executive Vice-President for Pink Elephant
"Getting validated for our innovation never gets old. It's terrific to be recognized once again by Pink Elephant for their prestigious Innovation of the Year Award. This time around our new innovation directly addresses and automates the challenges of service transition, an essential competency for any business that competes online."
- David Hurwitz, Senior VP of Worldwide Marketing for Serena Software
Tweet this: Serena Software named finalist for #Pink12 2012 Innovation of the Year Award http://ser.so/pink-elephant-2013 #ITSM @SerenaSoftware
About Serena Software
Serena Software provides Orchestrated IT solutions to the Global 2000. Serena's core purpose is to advance the business value of IT. Our 4,000 active enterprise customers, encompassing one million users worldwide, have made Serena the largest independent ALM vendor and the only one that orchestrates DevOps, the processes that bring together application development and operations.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Serena serves enterprise customers from 29 offices in 14 countries. Serena is a portfolio company of Silver Lake Partners, the leader in private investments in technology-enabled industries.
Kulesa Faul, Inc for Serena Software
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks