|By Business Wire||
|January 24, 2013 05:01 PM EST||
Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its Cloud and Data Center Security Strategies and Vendor Leadership: Global Service Provider Survey, for which incumbent, competitive, data center and cloud operators were interviewed about their strategies for deploying security in the data center and their ratings of security vendors.
“Ever-industrious hackers are churning out unprecedented volumes of spam and malware and launching massive DDoS attacks aimed directly at data centers every day, forcing providers to shore up their networks and develop innovative security solutions to protect themselves and generate revenue,” notes Jeff Wilson, principal analyst for security at Infonetics Research.
“For the most part, data center buyers want to buy security solutions from large, established companies who offer a broad range of products—they have a lot riding on their security implementations, and they need a large neck to choke if something goes wrong,” Wilson continues. “But there’s always room for small providers who offer highly-innovative solutions.”
CLOUD AND DATA CENTER SURVEY HIGHLIGHTS
- DDoS prevention systems are the #1 security platform in which service provider respondents plan to invest over the next 12 months
- Nearly 30% of respondents say they need 40G ports on security gear now, with 75% saying they’ll need 100G interfaces by 2014
- Respondents have deployed or are evaluating security products from a massive list of vendors, and there is no clear cloud and data center security leader
- There is, however, a clear affinity for vendors with diverse security offerings (hardware appliances, virtual appliances, and server software)
For its 25-page cloud and data center survey, Infonetics interviewed 24 incumbent, competitive, and data center/cloud specialist carriers in North America, EMEA and Asia Pacific about their strategies for deploying security in the data center. The study provides insights into cloud and data center security drivers, requirements, spending plans, deployments, suppliers, and more, and features operator ratings of 9 vendors (Check Point, Cisco, Dell SonicWALL, F5, Fortinet, HP TippingPoint, Juniper, McAfee, Palo Alto Networks) on 11 criteria. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
- Latest Infonetics Security research brief: http://bit.ly/WifHl1
- Telecom sector growth still outpacing GDP growth
- Mobile, data center verticals driving DDoS prevention market
- Wave of new spending underway in data center security market
- Mobile security client software market expected to jump more than 60%
- Cloud-based security services set to surge 83% by 2016
- New study details enterprise plans for cloud services
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events/ to learn more or register for Infonetics events.
- Integrating Carrier WiFi with the Mobile Network, with Ruckus (Feb. 5)
- Session Border Controllers in VoLTE, with Metaswitch (Feb. 12)
- Scaling Small Cell Backhaul, with Alcatel-Lucent, Ceragon, Vitesse (Feb. 19)
- 100G Optics: Why Operators Are Upgrading Now, with Cisco, Cyan, Oclaro (Mar. 5)
- SSL VPNs: Going Mobile (Sponsorships available)
- SMS/MMS Security Platforms for Mobile Carriers (Sponsorships available)
UPCOMING SECURITY MARKET RESEARCH
- Cloud & CPE Managed Security Services Market Size & Forecasts
- Content Security Gateway Appliances, Software & SaaS Market Share & Forecasts
- Mobile Security Strategies & Vendor Leadership N. America Enterprise Survey
- Network Security Appliances & Software Market Share & Forecasts
- Total Security Pivot Market Share & Forecasts
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 408-583-3335
N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1 408-583-3395
Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 755-488-1623
Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher