|By Marketwired .||
|January 24, 2013 04:19 PM EST||
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/24/13 -- Zetta.net today announced strong growth in 2012 as demand for its enterprise-grade online server backup and disaster recovery solution escalates. Its revenue and customer base grew over 100% in 2012, easily beating a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) forecast for IT Cloud Services of 26.4%(1), which is already five times that of the IT industry overall.
Some of the factors driving growth in cloud-based and hybrid backup and recovery in particular, and demand for Zetta.net's solution, include:
- Rapidly increasing volumes of data that need protection
- Multiplying number of smaller files making traditional software backups slow and ineffective
- The decentralization of IT particularly among organizations with distributed offices, making appliance-based backup solutions expensive, difficult to deploy and extremely complex to manage
In addition, traditional software and appliance vendors struggle to deliver high performance enterprise-grade online backup since a cloud-centric architecture is required to achieve high performance and robust security -- something that would call for a complete rewrite for most vendors.
These factors are challenging traditional backup vendors who struggle with poor performance, missed backup windows and difficult to manage legacy solutions. Unlike vendors such as Symantec, Zetta.net combines backup, snapshot and replication in a single solution to significantly expedite the backup process, shrinking total backup from a matter of hours to minutes.
Zetta.net integrates backup, snapshot and replication functionality, completely eradicating the need for a local appliance. Delivering an enterprise-grade 3-in-1 backup, disaster recovery and archiving enables fast, reliable backup and recovery at a fraction of the cost of backup alone. Because the SaaS-based solution eliminates the cost and management complexities associated with appliance hardware, it is particularly attractive to small/medium businesses, enterprises with distributed office locations, and managed service providers (MSPs). Remote offices and MSPs are no longer required to purchase and manage multiple appliances across distributed locations, and any size business can now enjoy enterprise-grade data protection at an affordable price.
Key Zetta.net milestones demonstrating success over the last year include:
- 2012 revenue of more than 133 percent over 2011
- More than doubling of the company's customer base
- 2012 MSP and partner growth increasing 400 percent over 2011
"Zetta.net's solution was designed for the cloud from day one, by a stellar engineering team from industry leaders such as Netscape, VeriSign, Symantec and Shutterfly. This offers tremendous advantages as the adoption of cloud technologies continues to rise," said Ali Jenab, CEO, Zetta.net. "As a result, we are seeing a large number of customers migrating from Symantec BackupExec and appliance-based backups to our cloud-centric enterprise-grade online backup and disaster recovery solution. With many organizations disillusioned by traditional tape-based backup, Zetta.net is very well positioned to capitalize on the movement toward next-generation cloud-enabled solutions."
(1)IDC, Worldwide and Regional Public IT Cloud Services 2012-2016 Forecast, August 2012 - http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS23684912#.UPiWtB37KSp
Zetta.net is an award-winning provider of enterprise-grade 3-in-1 backup, disaster recovery and archiving technology for small/medium enterprises, distributed organizations, and managed service providers (MSPs). The SaaS-based solution enables companies to simplify backups and instantly recover data through a single management point. With local, offsite, archiving and disaster recovery functionality integrated into one solution, Zetta.net delivers the value of multiple products at a fraction of the cost.
Headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., Zetta.net was established in 2008 by successful serial entrepreneurs and technology executives from companies such as Netscape, VeriSign, Symantec, EMC, and Shutterfly. For more information, visit www.zetta.net or www.facebook.com/zettastorage. Follow Zetta.net on Twitter at www.twitter.com/zettanet.
Tweet this: @zettanet Sees Strong Momentum and 133% Growth as it Positions to Capitalize on $100 Billion Public IT #CloudServices Market
Tags: enterprise backup, online server backup, disaster recovery, offsite backup, cloud server backup, hybrid cloud backup, remote backup, enterprise server backup
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher