|By Marketwired .||
|January 24, 2013 01:48 PM EST||
SACRAMENTO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/24/13 -- Timothy Quinn, executive director of the statewide Association of California Water Agencies (ACWA), issued the following statement today in response to Gov. Jerry Brown's State of the State address.
"Governor Brown's continued focus on water is welcome and indeed essential. This is the year to make progress on addressing our daunting water supply challenges.
"As the governor noted, the problems are big and big-picture thinking is needed to invest in solutions that protect the environment, improve water supplies and work for all regions of the state.
"The Bay Delta Conservation Plan process mentioned by the governor may be our best opportunity to put California on a path to retool our water system for the 21st century. The process merits support as state and federal agencies move through an exhaustive review this year.
"We agree it's time to step up and invest in a water system that works. Californians expect nothing less. We look forward to working collaboratively with the governor, the Legislature and all parties to get there."
ACWA is a statewide association of public agencies whose 440 members are responsible for about 90% of the water delivered in California. For more information, visit www.acwa.com.
Director of Communications
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks