|By Marketwired .||
|January 24, 2013 12:00 PM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/24/13 -- San Francisco's Victorian Specialist, Bonnie Spindler, has been voted President of the Victorian Alliance for the term 2013-2014.
Spindler has been a member of the San Francisco community-based nonprofit organization for over 20 years. The Victorian Alliance is considered the foremost arbiter of Victorian style in San Francisco and is seen as key for historic property supporters.
Formed in the 1970s to protect historic properties from wanton destruction by City Hall, the group has weighed in on renovations, helped stop the wrecking ball, helped create legislation and support local artisans and crafts people who restore Victorians by trade or hobby. The Alliance also grants funding to worthwhile restoration projects on the cherished and irreplaceable properties.
Victorians are one of San Francisco's most important tourist attractions and are recognizable worldwide. But the City didn't always perceive the historic homes as an important asset. "Victorians aren't only inspiring to look at and full of historic details, but the redwood lumber and hardware they are built with are no longer used," says Spindler. "These homes were here long before us and if we are good chaperones, they will be here long after we leave."
Spindler is very suited to the task of running San Francisco's oldest, all volunteer organization. She is widely recognized as The Victorian Specialist in residential real estate sales, is a Top Producing real estate agent with Zephyr Real Estate, owns and resides in a historic Victorian mansion, and wants to see the City's history of preservation continue for generations to follow.
About Zephyr Real Estate
Founded in 1978, Zephyr Real Estate is San Francisco's largest independent real estate firm with $1.5 billion in annual gross sales in 2012 and a current roster of more than 200 full-time agents. In 2010, Zephyr launched its new website, which has earned two web design awards, including the prestigious Interactive Media Award. Zephyr Real Estate is a member of the international relocation network, Leading Real Estate Companies of the World; the luxury real estate network, Who's Who in Luxury Real Estate; and the local luxury marketing association, the Luxury Marketing Council of San Francisco. Zephyr has six strategically located offices in San Francisco, a business center in Marin County, and serves a large customer base throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. For more information, visit www.zephyrsf.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2210012
Zephyr Real Estate
San Francisco, CA
415.348.1212 ext. 107
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London