|By Marketwired .||
|January 24, 2013 12:00 PM EST||
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/24/13 -- Supertex, Inc. (NASDAQ: SUPX) today introduced HV9803, an open loop, average-mode, current control LED driver IC operating in a constant off-time mode. It is well suited for backlighting LCD panel applications such as TVs and monitors.
The IC features +/-2% current accuracy, tight line and load regulation of the LED current without any need for loop compensation or high-side current sensing. Its auto-zero circuit cancels the effect of both the input offset voltage and the propagation delay in the current sense comparator. The IC features linear and PWM dimming modes. The HV9803 is equipped with a current limit comparator for hiccup-mode output short circuit protection. It also features a programmable input under-voltage shutdown.
"By utilizing Supertex's patented average-mode current sensing technology, HV9803 provides a low-cost LED backlighting solution for an LCD panel," states Alex Mednik, Director of Application Engineering at Supertex. "The 2% accurate current control of this IC ensures uniformity of the LED backlight."
HV9803 is available in a lead(Pb)-free/RoHS compliant SOIC-8 package (HV9803LG-G). Samples are available from stock. Lead-time for production quantities is 4-6 weeks ARO. Pricing is US$0.41 for the HV9803LG-G, in 1K quantities.
Supertex, Inc. is a publicly held mixed signal semiconductor manufacturer, focused in high voltage analog and mixed signal products for use in the medical, LED lighting, printer and display, industrial and telecommunication industries. Supertex product, corporate and financial information is readily available at www.supertex.com.
Manager, Marketing Communications
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London