|By Marketwired .||
|January 24, 2013 11:49 AM EST||
ST. LOUIS, MO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/24/13 -- With more than 100 years of trusted science and dedication to animal nutrition, Purina Animal Nutrition is expanding its line of equine products to include three electrolyte supplements, a joint supplement and a hydration hay block product.
The supplements have been developed through a partnership with U.K. based Science Supplements to improve performance and health for a variety of horses. These products include
- ElectroEase Electrolyte Supplement - Geared for performance horses with technology that helps maintain hydration without irritating the stomach, a common issue with other typically harsh electrolyte products on the market.
- ElectroEase Electrolyte Paste Supplement - Developed for use right after strenuous exercise, competition or traveling, or during prolonged exercise. Contains twice the electrolytes of most paste electrolytes.
- HydraSalt Salt Supplement - Provides horses of all classes with the sodium needed in proportion to what is typically lost in sweat to help maintain proper hydration. Convenient powder form with minty flavor to ensure strong and consistent intake.
- FreedomFlex Joint Health Product - Provides performance, hardworking and senior horses with premium grade types and levels of ingredients to support joints and mobility. A double-blind, placebo-controlled crossover research study shows the fast-acting ingredients can help produce results in as little as 14 days.
"After many formulations, trials and refinements, we found a way to deliver the boost necessary for horses to perform at their best," said David Hoogmoed, executive vice president and chief operating officer, feed, Purina Animal Nutrition. "The technology and research from Science Supplements that is behind these supplements is the key factor that sets them apart from other products on the market."
ElectroEase Electrolyte Supplement and HydraSalt Salt Supplement contain smooth MicroBead Technology, which encapsulates each electrolyte granule and salt particle with oil, so they do not mix with gastric liquids. The coating forms a barrier, making the electrolytes gentle on the stomach. Once the particles pass through the stomach, the oil coating is broken down in the small intestine, where electrolyte uptake is optimal.
In addition, while most electrolyte and salt supplements rely on heavy doses of sugar to promote intake, these supplements feature a palatable non-sugar-based formula that horses will readily consume.
In addition to the supplement products, Purina Animal Nutrition has independently developed Hydration Hay Original Horse Hay Block, a forage product designed to keep horses hydrated after competition or strenuous exercise, and while on the road. Each two pound block soaks up five times its weight in water in about 10 minutes and masks the taste of foreign water sources, supplements and medications, helping ensure horses receive ample water and nutrition while on the road.
To learn more about these supplements, visit www.purinahorsesupplements.com or visit your Purina® feed retailer.
About Purina Animal Nutrition
Purina Animal Nutrition LLC is a national organization serving producers, animal owners and their families through more than 4,700 local cooperatives, independent dealers and other large retailers throughout the United States. With an uncompromising commitment to animal excellence, Purina Animal Nutrition conducts industry-leading R&D initiatives that create and sustain North America's most valued portfolio of complete feeds, supplements, premixes, ingredients and specialty technologies for the livestock and lifestyle animal markets. Species served by Purina Animal Nutrition include both large animals -- cattle, horses and swine -- and small pets, including hamsters, gerbils and rabbits. Headquartered in Gray Summit, Mo., Purina Animal Nutrition LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Land O'Lakes, Inc.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2210465
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2210467
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2210469
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks