|By Business Wire||
|January 24, 2013 09:30 AM EST||
South Korean mobile operator KT is deploying Tekelec’s market-leading Policy Server (PCRF) for its LTE and 3G networks. The Policy Server will support KT’s new Voice over LTE (VoLTE) offering, LTE data plans and Rich Communication Suite (RCS) service.
South Korea is the world’s second largest LTE market and one of the most advanced mobile markets in the world. Five months after launching its service, KT exceeded one million LTE subscribers. The operator exceeded three million LTE subscribers in mid-November and four million by the end of 2012. About 63 percent of KT’s 3G and LTE subscribers use smartphones and in December the operator released Apple’s iPhone® 5, which has gained sensational popularity.
Tekelec’s Policy Server will support daily and monthly quota tracking for a variety of services, including voice, Internet usage, file transfer, instant messaging, and video telephony. The daily tracking will give KT new flexibility to offer per diem packages and service options across 3G, LTE and RCS services – a rarity in the industry.
“KT is providing the fastest nationwide LTE network in Korea, with innovative data plans including Voice over LTE, Rich Communications Suite, video services and more,” said Mr. Ji Yung-Ha, Vice President, Mobile Network Business Unit, Network Group of KT. “Tekelec’s Policy Server plays a critical role by allowing us to rapidly create and launch profitable mobile data services.”
“KT’s new LTE services enrich the subscriber experience and give customers new advanced options for communications services and mobile data applications,” said Houck Reed, vice president of product management and marketing at Tekelec. “As the brain of LTE and 3G networks, Tekelec’s Policy Server will enable KT to take advantage of new business models that extend policy enforcement to the mobile device and offer policy as a service to over-the-top application providers.”
The deal expands Tekelec’s policy footprint to a new country in the Asia-Pacific region. The company has additional customers in India, Australia, New Zealand and Singapore.
Globally, Tekelec policy solutions serve more than 60 service providers, including more than 50 Tier 1 providers, in 35 countries. In October, Current Analysis named Tekelec a leader in the PCRF market and said, “the Tekelec Policy Server still sets the standard in the industry against which all other policy controllers are measured.” In July, industry analyst firm Analysys Mason named Tekelec the leading independent policy market vendor by share for the third consecutive year.
Tekelec’s intelligent mobile broadband solutions enable service providers to manage and monetize mobile data and evolve to LTE and IMS. We are the architects of the new Diameter network, the foundation for session, policy and subscriber data management. More than 300 service providers use our market-leading solutions to deliver cloud, machine-to-machine and personalized services to consumers and enterprises. For more information visit www.tekelec.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London