|By Business Wire||
|January 24, 2013 07:01 AM EST||
Intematix Corporation, a leading innovator of patented phosphors and phosphor components for high-quality LED lighting, today announced availability of its reference design for a low cost, high light quality and efficient LED high bay lighting system using remote phosphor technology.
High bay lighting is widely employed in spaces with high ceilings such as big box retail centers, warehouses and many industrial settings. Due to very high light output and use-time, reducing system power consumption, maintenance and disposal costs are economic priorities. Remote phosphor LED lighting designs are well suited to high bay and other area lighting applications that have previously employed high-intensity discharge and fluorescent systems.
Intematix remote phosphors convert light from blue LEDs into white light up to 30% more efficiently than conventional white LEDs. As a consequence of increased efficacy, remote phosphor reduces costs for lighting systems by implementing fewer LEDs and other components and by cutting power consumption. The new 22,000 lumen light engine, based on a novel architecture, exceeds performance levels of traditional sources, operating at 110 lumens/Watt efficacy according to TUV, a provider of certified testing.
“Using ChromaLit remote phosphors, this lighting module outperforms other high bay lighting solutions, is constructed of relatively few components and is easy to assemble,” said Mitch Jansen, Senior Director of Applications Engineering at Intematix. “Our customers are building on this design foundation to produce lighting products with outstanding performance and lower costs.”
The Department of Energy has projected increasing levels of efficacy for LED technology toward the goal of replacing all conventional sources while increasing their quality and ease of implementation. As an example of this trend, the Intematix high bay lighting module produces 5000K CCT, 73CRI and uniformity of 3 MacAdams over angle, uses only 9 blue LED arrays and is sealed against moisture at IP66. For more information and to acquire design and test data, visit Intematix.
Intematix Corporation is a materials development innovator, providing customizable, patented phosphors and remote phosphor components that serve as the foundation for high quality, energy efficient and cost-effective LED lighting. Intematix products enable attractive, vivid color quality, superior consistency, uniformity, and stability. Headquartered in Fremont, Calif., Intematix maintains R&D, manufacturing, business and support operations in the United States, Asia, and Europe. To learn more about the company, please visit www.intematix.com.
*ChromaLit is a trademark of Intematix Corporation.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London