|By Marketwired .||
|January 24, 2013 05:01 AM EST||
SNOHOMISH, WA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/24/13 -- An online study of over 2,000 Americans conducted by Harris Interactive on behalf of Dream Dinners in December 2012 shows an overwhelming majority of adults(1) in the U.S. (92%) are frustrated with rising prices at the grocery store as we head into a New Year. They certainly should know. The average trips to the grocery store per household equal at least eight per month. And those with 5 or more in the household may be making as many as 12-16 trips each month. The study was conducted to better understand the challenges facing the average family trying to put a homemade dinner on the table.
"When you do the math, the gas and time that grocery shopping trips take, plus the unused product tossed away, make the average dinner more expensive than ever. All of a sudden, outsourcing dinner to companies like Dream Dinners becomes a more economical way to put a homemade dinner on the table," says Dream Dinners CEO Darin Leonard.
Meal assembly stores are one-stop dinner shops where you can put together about a dozen or more fresh, family-size dinners in an hour. "We are confident that this economy makes meal assembly the smartest dinner plan for busy moms in 2013," says Stephanie Allen, the co-founder of Dream Dinners, and co-author of the #1 New York Times bestseller, "The Hour that Matters Most, The Surprising Power of the Family Dinner."
Other interesting facts: The study shows women are significantly more likely to feel frustration(2) with rising grocery prices than men.
- 94% of women are frustrated versus 89% of men.
- Those with children under 18 in the household (39%) are significantly more likely to be very frustrated with rising prices at the grocery store than those without children under 18 in the household (31%).
The two soccer moms that founded the meal assembly industry argue this latest poll indicates a changing economy, where procuring the ingredients yourself for that homemade dinner, may not make dollars and sense. "When you can go to a Dream Dinners store and use fresh ingredients to put together a month's worth of dinners in an hour, you take a big load off your schedule, your wallet and your odometer," says Stephanie Allen.
The average Dream dinner, which often comes with a side dish, is priced between 4-4.75 per serving. In store, ingredients are sliced and diced like a salad bar, where the customer assembles dinners, then takes them home to freeze, then thaw and cook on busy nights. "There's no more need to run to the grocery store after work for that one thing you forgot," says Tina Kuna, Dream Dinners co-founder and mom. Other interesting trends include:
- On average, more than half (59%) of U.S. adults say they or someone in their household make a total of 8-12 trips to the grocery store per month.
- "And the larger the household -- the more trips!" says Stephanie Allen. American households of five or more are averaging 12-16 trips to the grocery store each month. So is meal assembly a luxury? Or is it the smart mom's dinner solution?"
What if you don't have a meal assembly store near you? Here are some tips from Dream Dinners to help you get ahead in 2013.
1. Plan in order to save time and money: Take a little time on Sunday and plan three dinners for the week and do all the prep work that you can Sunday night.
2. Start your own "fix and freeze" monthly dinner club. Dream Dinners provides a number of free downloadable dinnertime tools online at www.thehourthatmattersmost.com. The book, which includes recipes, is available at Amazon.com
3. Restrict the impulsive buys at the grocery store to save money. (It's easier when you don't bring young children with you on the trips.)
"We know that this economy is still tough," says Allen, "but we want American families to know that we are about nurturing the nurturers. And we're a great solution."
This survey was conducted online within the United States by Harris Interactive on behalf of Dream Dinners from December 19-21, 2012 among 2,132 adults ages 18 and older. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated. For complete survey methodology, including weighting variables, please contact Charlotte Starck, firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT DREAM DINNERS
Founded in 2002, Dream Dinners, Inc. is the recognized originator of the $100 million meal assembly industry. Headquartered in Snohomish, Wash., Dream Dinners locations provide guests monthly menus to select from, then procure and prepare all fresh ingredients in advance, so guests can assemble a month's worth of meals in about an hour, then take home to freeze and have ready to cook on busy nights. With nearly 100 franchises in 30 states, Dream Dinners saves guests both valuable time and money, and focuses on bringing families back to the dinner table with delicious, easy-to-fix meals. www.dreamdinners.com.
(1) Among those who have noticed rising prices
(2) Among those who have noticed rising prices
Starck Hines Group
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher