|By PR Newswire||
|January 24, 2013 05:00 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Are you the Next Top Food Writer? If so, Foods from Chile (FoodsFromChile.org), an organization representing 23 Chilean food sectors – from fruit to seafood to wine to olive oil, is launching a national contest to discover and send you on a guided culinary tour of Chile.
Submissions of food writing are due on the website FoodsFromChile.org by February 11th. A jury of national magazine editors and a leading food blogger will choose the best submission on February 25th. The winner will join nine prominent food journalists on a Chilean food tour in April, where they will dispatch blog posts and videos discovering amazing foods and ingredients.
The Chilean culinary tour will travel through various regions, from Atacama, Coquimbo, Valparaiso, to Santiago. The writers will explore vineyards, olive groves, fruit plantations; eat specially prepared meals at the restaurants of local Chilean chefs; and meet the local producers at the heart of one of the most abundant exporters of wholesome foods to the U.S. and world.
The tour will visit the Mercado Central, described as one of the world's top five food markets and a foodie's paradise, as well as Bellavista and other cultural heritage sites. On April 12th, the tour will stop by the Nam Santiago Food Festival for a taste of the latest culinary innovations of Chile.
"'Discovery' is at the heart of this campaign," said Agathe Blanchon-Ehrsam, director of Vivaldi Fifth Season, the agency that designed and is orchestrating the campaign. "Chile is the top exporter of many food categories. The fresh salmon you're having for dinner or the berries you're eating each morning often come from Chile. This contest gives an undiscovered talent the opportunity to go to the source and tell the world Chile's story in a fresh voice."
Visit FoodsfromChile.org for more information. Join the #TicketToChile Twitter Party (http://kptickettochile.eventbrite.com/), held on January 29th at 7:00PM EST, to win prizes and ask questions about the contest.
About Vivaldi Fifth Season
Fifth Season is the digital, design and technology agency of Vivaldi Partners Group. Vivaldi Fifth Season is a creative powerhouse that orchestrates and produces innovative, engaging branded experiences that allow businesses to connect with their audiences and create entire new business models based on the strength of these new relationships.
SOURCE Vivaldi Fifth Season
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks