|By PR Newswire||
|January 24, 2013 02:43 AM EST||
- Rising popularity of Web applications reinforce demand for ADCs
SINGAPORE, Jan. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Enterprises in the Asia-Pacific are gradually realizing the significant value proposition and the multiple capabilities of new-age application delivery controller (ADC) platforms. Integrated ADC solutions and technology convergence trends are prompting enterprises to increase their investments in the technology.
New analysis from Frost & Sullivan (http://www.networksecurity.frost.com), Asia-Pacific Application Delivery Controller Market - 2011 finds that the market earned revenues of $555.7 million in CY 2011 and estimates this to reach $1,366.3 million in 2018 due to the migration of business processes over to the Web, the extended capabilities offered on the ADC platform, and emergence of cloud computing trends.
"With the rising popularity of cloud services and more business processes moving to the Web, many enterprises are seeking application acceleration and application security to enhance user experience," said Frost & Sullivan Research Analyst Misun Yoon.
ADC adoption trends in the Asia-Pacific remain highly heterogeneous across markets. While mature markets such as Australia prefer the multi-faceted ADC platform, developing markets in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) continue to focus on the traditional server load balancing functions.
One key reason for this disparity in adoption patterns is the relatively slower adoption of Web applications among enterprises in developing markets. Enterprises with fewer Web applications are less likely to be swayed by the competitive advantages offered by ADC's application-centric capabilities.
Another deterrent are the high prices of ADC solutions. As most Asia-Pacific enterprises do not yet consider ADC a critical component of their network, they are reluctant to invest significantly in it. However, ADC vendors can change customers' attitude toward the costs by providing integrated capabilities.
Growing concerns about the increasing sophistication of cyber attacks, particularly the rising frequency of application-layer attacks, translate to higher interest in the security capabilities offered as integrated features on the ADC platform. Moving forward, enterprises will warm up to the idea of the ADC solution being an integrated platform, with features such as Web application firewalling and application acceleration likely to become vital purchase factors.
"As the adoption of Web applications is likely to accelerate in the face of cloud and mobile computing trends, the Asia-Pacific ADC market will witness more opportunities for vendors," noted Yoon. "In a way, the ability of these vendors to provide a multi-faceted ADC platform will be a crucial differentiator."
If you are interested in more information on this research, please send an email to Jessie Loh, Corporate Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with your full name, company name, job title, telephone number, company email address, company website, city, state and country.
Asia-Pacific Application Delivery Controller Market is part of the Network Security Technologies Growth Partnership Services program, which also includes research in the following markets: APAC Network Security Market, APAC WAN Optimization Controller Market, and APAC Web Application Firewall Market. All research services included in subscriptions provide detailed market opportunities and industry trends that have been evaluated following extensive interviews with market participants.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Corporate Communications – Asia Pacific
Corporate Communications – Asia Pacific
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London