|By PR Newswire||
|January 23, 2013 06:52 PM EST||
SAN MATEO, Calif., Jan. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Bertram Capital, a private equity firm headquartered in San Mateo, California, is pleased to announce the promotion of Brian Wheeler to Partner. Mr. Wheeler, previously a Director at Bertram, has been with the firm since 2010 and has led the development of Bertram Labs, a comprehensive information technology, software development and on-line marketing capability within Bertram Capital that drives value creation within Bertram's portfolio companies.
"When we formalized our plan for generating significant growth and value within our portfolio companies by leveraging information technology, I knew Brian was the person we needed to spearhead this initiative," said Jeff Drazan, Managing Partner. "Brian brings a wealth of hands-on experience in creatively solving complex IT challenges as well as an exceptional network of IT talent that has grown our internal Bertram Labs team to a staff of over 20. Through Brian's leadership, we have quickly developed a highly differentiated growth engine we can apply to any of our portfolio investments including core Bertram owned platforms in ecommerce, work flow, mobile gaming, backup, system administration and online marketing."
Prior to joining Bertram Capital, Wheeler founded a software development consulting firm which designed and developed solutions for a variety of industries including power grid management, online trading, social networking and gaming, SOX compliance and e-commerce. Wheeler has consulted on initiatives with a broad array of companies including Intel, Symbol, Qualcomm, California ISO, Nordic Trac, San Francisco Giants, MLB, Tickets.com, Adidas, Fila, Osh-Kosh, BeBe, the California Governors Office and many other well known entities. Wheeler attended Pomona College where he earned a Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry and Chemical Engineering.
About Bertram Capital
Bertram Capital is a Northern California-based private equity firm focused on investing in middle-market business services, consumer, industrial, healthcare and technology companies. Bertram is currently investing out of its $500 million second fund and typically allocates $25-$100 million to each investment. Since the firm's inception, Bertram has managed in excess of $850 million in committed capital and has completed 10 platform investments and 14 follow-on acquisitions. Visit www.bertramcapital.com for more information.
SOURCE Bertram Capital
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks