|By Marketwired .||
|January 23, 2013 06:52 PM EST||
CALGARY, ALBERTA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/23/13 -- Pro-Trans Ventures Inc. ("Pro-Trans" or the "Corporation") (TSX VENTURE:PVI) is pleased to announce the appointment of Derrek R. Wong as Chief Financial Officer of the Corporation. Mr. Wong joins the Corporation's executive team consisting of President and CEO, Mr. Brian Murray.
Mr. Wong is a certified management accountant, a chartered financial analyst, has earned an MBA from the Richard Ivey School of Business, and was recently awarded the Fellow of the Society of Management Accountants designation. He brings many years of operational expertise along with considerable experience in investment banking, financial management as well as mergers and acquisitions.
"Mr. Wong brings an impressive diversity of experience as Pro-Trans embarks on its next stage of development. Derrek will be an integral part of the strategic planning process as well as providing a solid financial presence to the organization." stated Mr. Brian Murray, President and CEO.
Mr. Wong's appointment follows the resignation of Mr. David Criddle, who served as the Corporation's interim CFO during the Corporation's executive search process. The Corporation would like to thank Mr. Criddle for his services and tireless dedication in the role of Chief Financial Officer.
Mr. Wong has been granted 175,000 stock options to purchase common shares of the Corporation at an exercise price of $0.395 per common share as part of his total compensation package. These options vest over two years and expire five years from the date of grant.
Pro-Trans is a Calgary based public corporation listed on the TSX Venture Exchange. The Corporation is actively involved in specialized transportation and logistics services within Western Canada, primarily through it's wholly owned subsidiary, Maple Leaf Loading Ltd., based in Prince George, B.C. Maple Leaf Loading Ltd., a mining support corporation, offers specialized transportation services related to the management, handling and transportation of coal and ore concentrates involved in the mining industry in B.C., Alberta and the Yukon.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange, nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London