|By Marketwired .||
|January 23, 2013 05:25 PM EST||
OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/23/13 -- The Honourable Vic Toews, Minister of Public Safety, commended CBSA officers on two separate tobacco seizures worth $3.4 million, at the Queenston Bridge in Queenston, Ontario and the Peace Bridge in Fort Erie, Ontario.
"I commend the vigilance of these dedicated CBSA officers who are highly trained to detect and stop the flow of contraband goods.
Trafficking in contraband tobacco puts our communities and citizens at risk. It threatens the health of Canadians and perpetuates criminal activity that jeopardizes our collective efforts to build safe, prosperous communities in which we can raise our families and conduct legitimate business.
Our government has been clear on this: we will not tolerate this type of activity and will spare no effort in stopping those who attempt to traffic in illegal goods."
For more information on the seizure, visit the CBSA website : http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/media/prosecutions-poursuites/nffe/2013-01-23-eng.html
Follow Public Safety Canada (@Safety_Canada) on Twitter.
Public Safety Canada
Canada Border Services Agency
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher