|By Marketwired .||
|January 23, 2013 05:16 PM EST||
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/23/13 -- Crown City Pictures, Inc. (OTCBB:CCPI) announces that it has established an entertainment and production fund to be managed by the company and used to develop and promote unique entertainment content opportunities. The fund will operate as a limited liability company with Crown City as the managing member, for which it will receive a management fee as well as a share of profits from the entertainment opportunities which it funds. A commitment for a $7.7 million investment into the fund has been received already from Alexander Capital Equity, Inc., subject to completion of all regulatory requirements for the establishment and operation of the fund. The remaining $5 million in funding will be undertaken as a private offering to accredited investors as soon as the required offering materials have been prepared and all regulatory requirements have been met.
The fund is a content accelerator fund that has been created to take advantage of strategically diversified opportunities across a multitude of content media (film, television, gaming, apps, and select entertainment technology) as both, a finance and a creative management solution for discriminating content creators. The fund will provide financing for content at various stages of pre-production and production, based on mitigated risk opportunity.
Investments by the fund will be guided by the principle that successful content creation is not just a matter of finance but of getting access to resources and people that can create the best possible content.
The fund will focus primarily on the following content opportunities:
- Independent U.S. genre motion pictures by acclaimed filmmakers with budgets of $5M and under;
- International independent motion picture productions by acclaimed U.S. filmmakers with budgets of $3M and under
- Independent Documentaries with budgets generally between $200,000 and $500,000, which fall under the following categories:
- Notable documentary filmmaker or company involvement
- High social-impact documentaries with high production value and critical marketability or mass-market appeal
- Investment in Video Games and Apps and/or micro-ownership investment directly in creative App and game content creation companies;
- Investment in trend-setting online content or micro-ownership investment directly in creative on-line content companies;
- Investment in docu-reality television developmental production, including in Executive Producer partnership
According to Michael W. Abbott, Crown City's Chairman and CEO, "The success of the new fund will rely greatly on its ability to take advantage of strategically diversified 'window-of-opportunity' content, made available through valuable professional relationships. The mechanism ultimately elevating this fund will be empowered by the creative collective of content creators who seek to elevate their vision with the support of the fund's accessible liquid capital and the guidance of the fund's management."
About Crown City Pictures
Crown City Pictures, Inc. is an entertainment company. Through its United Front, LLC (www.unitedfrontfilms.com) subsidiary. CCP develops and produces television content and motion pictures. For more information, please visit www.crowncitypictures.com.
This announcement is not an offer to sell any securities. Offers for any given security are made only through applicable offering circulars and related documents filed with the SEC pursuant to the Securities Act of 1933 or the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Certain statements contained herein and subsequent oral statements made by and on behalf of CCPI may contain "forward looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward looking statements are identified by words such as "intends", "anticipates", "believes", "expects", and "hopes" and includes, without limitation, statements regarding CCPI's plan of business operations, product research and development activities, anticipated revenues and expenses and potential contractual arrangements and obligations. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of the document/oral statement in which it was made. In making any such statements, the person making them believes that his expectations are based on reasonable assumptions; however, any such statement may be influenced by factors that could cause actual outcomes and results to be materially different from those projected or anticipated. These forward-looking statements are subject to numerous risks and uncertainties. There are various important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in any such forward-looking statements and are mostly out of the company's control. Among these are: general economic conditions, receipt of additional working capital, and acceptability of the company's products in the marketplace as well as other factors set forth in the company's SEC filings. CCPI disclaims any intent or obligation to publicly update these forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London