|By PR Newswire||
|January 23, 2013 05:14 PM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Whether they're trying to find the wedding dress salon with the best service in Philadelphia, the most creative wedding photographers in Los Angeles, New York's top cake bakers or Miami's hottest reception sites, engaged couples across the country want the inside scoop on the best from real brides. The Knot Wedding Network (NYSE: XOXO), which is composed of the top two wedding websites, TheKnot.com and WeddingChannel.com, today announces its 2013 winners of Best of Weddings, a by-brides-for-brides guide to the top wedding vendors in 80-plus cities across the US.
"For the past six years, WeddingChannel.com Reviews has been the definitive resource for our brides, providing them with unparalleled vendor recommendations directly from the tried-and-true experiences of fellow brides," said Carley Roney, cofounder and editor in chief of TheKnot.com. "We're thrilled to announce our 2013 Best of Weddings, crowning the best of the best across the country in the past year, based on more than 550,000 reviews from real brides."
This year, winners were required to have a good rating from the Better Business Bureau to win, in addition to the requirements from real bride reviews. The new process made it more difficult to win, so this year really does recognize the best of the best, providing brides with more meaningful and trustworthy recommendations. The Knot Wedding Network captured detailed feedback from more than 1.8 millionbridal members through WeddingChannel.com Reviews in 32 different categories of wedding businesses, from DJs and planners to videographers and limo companies and more. Approximately 9,800 local vendors received this prestigious award, representing the top 4 percent of local vendors on The Knot Wedding Network.
About XO Group Inc.
XO Group Inc. (NYSE: XOXO), is a global media and technology leader devoted to weddings, pregnancy and everything in between, providing young women with the trusted information, products and advice they need to guide them through the most transformative events of their lives. Our family of premium brands began with the #1 wedding brand, The Knot, and has grown to include WeddingChannel.com, The Nest, The Bump, TheBlush.com and Ijie.com. XO Group is recognized by the industry for being innovative in all media – from the web to social media and mobile, magazines and books, and video – and our groundbreaking social platforms have ignited passionate communities across the world. XO Group has leveraged its customer loyalty into successful businesses in online sponsorship and advertising, registry services, ecommerce and publishing. The company is publicly listed on the New York Stock Exchange (XOXO) and is headquartered in New York City. Follow XO Group on Twitter @xogroupinc.
Public Relations Manager
The Knot Wedding Network
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London