|By PR Newswire||
|January 23, 2013 03:04 PM EST||
Agency Committing Additional $1.5 million Following Program Milestone
HARRISBURG, Pa., Jan. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Department of Environmental Protection announced today that the Alternative Fuel Vehicle Rebate program will be extended once it reaches its milestone of awarding 500 $3,500 rebates for large-battery system plug-in hybrid electric vehicles and battery-electric vehicles.
"As we approach this milestone, DEP and this administration remain committed to seeing this alternative fuels market grow," DEP Secretary Mike Krancer said. "Because of this commitment, this agency will offer $3,000 rebates for the next 500 vehicles, which represents an impressive total investment of $3.35 million toward electric vehicles since 2011."
Large-battery vehicles that have battery system capacity equal or greater than 10 kilo-watt hours (kWh), including models such as the Nissan Leaf, Ford Focus and Chevy Volt, are eligible for the highest rebate amount. DEP also offers rebates of $1,000 for large-battery system plug-in hybrid electric vehicles and battery-electric vehicles with battery system capacity less than 10 kWh, including models such as the Toyota Prius plug-in and Ford C-Max Energi.
Rebates of $1,000 are offered for natural gas, propane, hydrogen or fuel-cell vehicles. A $500 rebate is available for electric motorcycles and scooters.
DEP provides these rebates as incentives to assist Pennsylvanians with the incremental cost of purchasing an alternative fuel vehicle. To qualify, the vehicle must be registered in Pennsylvania, operated primarily in-state and be purchased no more than six months before the rebate application is submitted.
Rebate applications and updated guidelines are available on DEP's website at www.dep.state.pa.us, keyword: Alternative Fuel Vehicle Rebates. Information on rebate availability will be updated weekly.
Media contact: Lynda Rebarchak, 484-250-5820
SOURCE Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?