|By Business Wire||
|January 23, 2013 03:02 PM EST||
Locaweb, cloud computing pioneer in Brazil and leader in Hosting & Infrastructure Services in Latin America in 2011, according to International Data Corporation (IDC), announces Flavio Jansen as the company’s new CEO.
Flavio Jansen, Locaweb's new CEO (Photo: Business Wire)
With more than 20 years of experience in the market of Information Technology, Mr. Jansen is one of the precursors of the Internet in Brazil. Since 2008 he is a member of Locaweb’s Board of Directors, responsible for setting goals and strategies for the company.
Gilberto Mautner, one of Locaweb’s founders, and previous CEO will continue to be part of the company’s Board of Directors and will work more actively in the committees of technology, innovation and product, which are the areas of most interest to him.
“I leave my position as CEO to Mr. Jansen confident in his leadership and vision. He has been a long time board member and is familiar with the company’s business processes, in addition to being a professional who possesses all of the knowledge Locaweb needs. Given all of these reasons, his nomination as new CEO was only natural”, said Mr. Mautner.
“I accepted this new challenge because I believe in Locaweb’s potential, and I personally identify with the company’s values. I will help contribute to the continued growth of the company”, declared Mr. Jansen.
Flavio Jansen has a degree in Electrical Engineering with emphasis in electronics from PUC-RJ. During his career he served in several Internet companies, having been co-founder and CEO of Submarino website and member of the board of Digipix, Quero - Quero Stores and IBMEC Group.
Locaweb is the leader in Hosting & Infrastructure Services in Brazil and Latin America since 2011, according to the IDC. With 15 years of experience and partnerships with 21,000 developers, it provides solutions for Software (SaaS), Platform (PaaS) and Infrastructure (IaaS). The company has approximately 260,000 clients and capacity for an excess of 25,000 servers.
To learn more about Locaweb, please visit http://www.locaweb.com.br
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?