|By PR Newswire||
|January 23, 2013 11:41 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In its 2013 Top 10 Technology Trends for Business report released today, PwC US reveals the most significant trends in technology that are reshaping strategies, business models, and enterprise investments this year.
"Our top trends report shows that a diverse and complex set of technologies are emerging, which CIOs and the C-suite need to embrace and incorporate into their business from strategy through execution," said Chris Curran, a PwC principal and Chief Technologist for the U.S. firm's Advisory practice. "Collaboration within organizations will be crucial to business success as each of the technologies has the potential to be a key driver in an organization's business agenda."
According to PwC, 10 significant trends will impact businesses this year:
- Pervasive Computing: The ability to digitally engage and interact (via your mobile devices) with enabled objects around you
- Cyber Security: Continues to be a pressing issue, as technology enabled processes increasingly underpin and fuel the global economy
- Big Data Mining & Analysis: More than managing dizzying amounts of data faster and cheaper; it is about making better business decisions
- Private Cloud: Due to security and regulatory concerns, larger enterprises have been primarily operating in a trial mode of private/hybrid clouds and this will change in 2013. Consumers of IT are demanding greater value from IT services
- Enterprise Social Networking: Becoming a core tool for the new social workforce; the key insight for organizations succeeding in building value from this technology is social business processes redesign
- Digital Delivery of Products & Services: Customers are driving companies of all shapes and sizes to develop new, technology-based ways of delivering value. Digital delivery of products and services can open tremendous new pathways for growth, but companies must shift their underlying business operations to support this new business model
- Public Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud adoption will continue to mature with hybrid cloud architecture becoming the mainstay as companies of all sizes leverage public cloud services
- Data Visualization: Leading edge companies will explore dynamic virtualization techniques and advanced display devices to navigate through multiple dimensions of data
- Simulation & Scenario Modeling: Organizations are increasingly focusing on simulation models that enable executives to envision the potential impact of their choices before making investments
- Gamification: With its combination of game mechanics, social networking, interactive media and behavioral analytics, gamification can transform a business
To learn more about PwC's 2013 Top 10 Technology Trends for Business report, please visit: www.pwc.com/us/whatisyourdigitaliq.
About PwC's Advisory Practice
PwC's Advisory professionals help organizations improve business performance, respond quickly and effectively to crisis, and extract value from transactions. We understand our clients' industries and unique business challenges, and look across the entire organization — focusing on strategy, structure, people, process and technology — to help clients build their next competitive advantage. See www.pwc.com/us/consulting for more information or follow us @PwCAdvisory.
About PwC US
PwC US helps organizations and individuals create the value they're looking for. We're a member of the PwC network of firms in 158 countries with more than 180,000 people. We're committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Tell us what matters to you and find out more by visiting us at www.pwc.com/US.
© 2013 PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, a Delaware limited liability partnership. All rights reserved. PwC refers to the US member firm, and may sometimes refer to the PwC network. Each member firm is a separate legal entity. Please see www.pwc.com/structure for further details.
SOURCE PwC US
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher