|By Business Wire||
|January 23, 2013 11:01 AM EST||
Themis Computer today announced the Intel®-based RES-mini ruggedized server. Designed for use in demanding environments where Size, Weight, and Power (SWAP) is severely limited, the Themis RES-mini combines the robust design of the RES server family with the latest E5 1600 and 2600 Intel Xeon processors with four, six, or eight cores. Designed to be fully compatible with popular virtualization technologies such as VMWare® and Citrix XenServer®, the RES-mini brings next generation technology to mission-critical military, industrial, and commercial applications.
13.5 in x 4 in x 11 in (W x H x D) RES-mini Ruggedized Server (Photo: Business Wire)
Featuring two expansion slots, extensive high-speed I/O, and storage, the RES-mini server provides users with versatile configuration and system expansion options and a strong, lightweight coated aluminum chassis provides improved system resistance to corrosion. The RES-mini also incorporates state-of-the-art thermal and kinetic management design. The addition of commercially available, off-the shelf networking cards, graphics, I/O, peripherals, and other value-added options, results in a system that has greater flexibility to meet current and future system requirements.
"Themis is committed to providing the highest-performance computing, in the smallest form factors possible, with a focus on size, weight, power and cooling," said Bill Kehret, President and CEO of Themis. “The RES-mini is a unique, ruggedized server that exemplifies how Themis brings these benefits together with tiered storage and virtual machines, at the edge of the cloud, to support war fighters and mission-critical applications.”
Complete product specifications are available on the Themis web site (www.themis.com).
- One E5 1600 or E5 2600 Intel® Xeon® processor with four, six, or eight cores
- Up to 256 GB DDR3 ECC
- Eight 2.5 inch drive bays
- Two expansion slots
- Designed for high reliability in harsh operating environments
- Specially coated aluminum for light weight and corrosion resistance
- Stainless steel reinforcement for strength and stiffness
- Optional dust filter
Management and Operating System
- Windows® and Linux® application support
- IPMI v2.0 support
- Operating shock: 3 axis, 35G, 25ms
- Operating vibration: 3.0 Grms, 8 Hz to 2000 Hz
- Operating temperature: 0°C – Up to 50°C*
- Operating Humidity: 8% to 90% non-condensing
- 13.5 inches wide x 4 inches high x 11 inches deep
- Weight*: 15 lbs (6.8 kg)
- Power supply options: Single 110/220 VAC (50/60Hz, 400Hz), Single 28 VDC, or Single 18 VDC
- MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-901D, MIL-STD-167-1
Pricing and Availability
The Themis RES-mini server is now available. Please contact Themis for more information, including configuration options and pricing.
AFCEA WEST 2013
The Themis RES-mini server and a range of Themis product solutions will be on display at AFCEA West 2013 from January 29 to January 31, 2013. Themis experts look forward to speaking to you about your current and future computing requirements.
About Themis Computer
Themis Computer is a leading developer and supplier of high performance board and system level products for mission-critical commercial and military applications. Themis products incorporate features that ensure high reliability and availability while reducing the risks of failure caused by extreme environments. An ISO 9001 certified company, Themis Computer practices Total Quality Management (TQM) in all areas of its business, from engineering and manufacturing to customer service. Themis Computer is headquartered in Fremont, California and offers worldwide service and support. For more information please visit www.themis.com or email: email@example.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher