|By PR Newswire||
|January 23, 2013 09:31 AM EST||
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y., Jan. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- McCarthy Fingar LLP today announced that Lisa Newfield has been elected co-managing partner—making her the first woman to hold this position in the firm's 67-year history. As the successor to partner Joseph J. Brophy, Newfield is one of very few women to serve as co-managing partner of a major law firm in Westchester County, if not the entire Hudson Valley region. Newfield is now responsible for overseeing the management of the firm along with Co-Managing Partner Frank Streng.
Newfield chairs McCarthy Fingar's Charitable Gift Planning and Exempt Organizations groups and co-chairs the Trusts & Estates group. She is also a member of the firm's Taxation group. Newfield devotes much of her practice to personal estate planning for individuals, major gift planning for non-profit institution development offices, and planned giving for non-profit institutions and philanthropists. Newfield is a noted lecturer on charitable giving, exempt organizations and various trusts and estates and tax topics. She has spoken before many bar associations, educational institutions, and charitable organizations.
Newfield joined the firm in 1996 and became a partner in 2005. She received her Juris Doctor degree from University of Michigan Law School in 1995 and her undergraduate degree from George Washington University in 1992. She is currently Vice Chair of the Committee on Charitable Organizations of the New York State Bar Association as well as member to its Trusts and Estates and Elder Law Sections. Newfield also serves on the Planned Giving Advisory Council of the American Cancer Society and as a member of the Planned Giving Group of Greater New York.
About McCarthy Fingar LLP
McCarthy Fingar has provided legal services in the Metropolitan New York area and the Hudson Valley Region for more than 67 years. Based in White Plains, New York, the firm boasts a distinguished staff of more than 25 lawyers with diverse areas of concentration, making it a leader in the legal and business communities. McCarthy Fingar LLP provides legal counsel in a wide range of practice areas, including appellate practice, business litigation, medical malpractice, personal injury, matrimonial and family law and taxation.
CONTACT: John Stedman, 914-946-3700 ext 320, email@example.com
SOURCE McCarthy Fingar LLP
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks