|By Business Wire||
|January 23, 2013 09:06 AM EST||
Today, AppSense, the people-centric computing company, highlights that according to a report by Forrester Consulting, five major organizations leveraging AppSense’s User Virtualization Platform have each yielded a composite ROI of 284 percent and payback of five months, yielding an average total of $2.4 million in benefits.
The purpose of this study, “Total Economic Impact of the AppSense Management Suite,” was to evaluate the potential financial impact AppSense’s User Virtualization Platform had on organizations. The analysis uncovered four clear benefits to enterprise:
- IT operational cost savings
- Worker productivity cost savings
- IT capital expense cost savings
- Project-based operational cost savings
Together, these benefits are worth $2.9 million per organization, or a $2.4 million PV, and yield a three-year risk-adjusted ROI of $1.8 million.
“The AppSense User Virtualization Platform provides IT organizations with the tools to more efficiently manage desktops while providing personal experiences for users across mobile devices and desktops to improve their productivity,” said Jon Rolls, CTO of Enterprise at AppSense. “We’ve always known that organizations using the User Virtualization Platform realized tremendous benefits in terms of work efficiencies, but the proven financial impact is even greater.”
Additional highlights from the study include:
- IT operation cost savings: Forrester found AppSense saved the composite company $87,500 each year over a three year period by reducing help desk calls related to items such as profile corruption and rights management. One interviewee said that after implementing AppSense her company eliminated 100 percent of these types of calls.
- Worker productivity cost savings: Forrester’s metric tacked on another $168,480 of savings for each year over a three year period with user productivity gains resulting from reduced downtime and correct access to data and apps. In addition, the study shows each company saved $270,000 a year by reducing logon times for users.
- Capital expense cost savings: At $35,000 per server, these savings particularly reward growth. Customers mentioned that after deploying AppSense, IT were able to quickly address the performance challenges of their shared server-based computing environments and increasing the servers capacity to support additional users and applications — outright eliminating increased capital expenses in the form of servers, and pocketing operational costs that would have gone to support them.
- Project-based cost savings associated with app migration: Forrester’s composite AppSense client saved $780,000, with another $450,000 saved avoiding IT administrators’ physical app migration costs for a two-phase Windows XP to Windows 7 migration, as well as physical to virtual migrations.
Costs to the composite organization were for investments in software license, annual support, and professional services. The composite organization studied consisted of 2,500 workers, 40 percent of whom work outside of the main headquarters. The organizations interviewed for this study were managing 400 to 600 applications.
The AppSense User Virtualization Platform supports Desktop, Mobile and Data, solutions. User virtualization enables the complete separation of the user from the underlying desktop or device so that new technologies such as desktop and application virtualization and new operating systems such as Windows 7 can be seamlessly adopted at minimal time and cost. Enterprise organizations can improve and simplify desktop management, increase user productivity and reduce desktop TCO with AppSense people-centric solutions.
Join the Webinar
In light of these results, AppSense is hosting a webinar with David Johnson from Forrester Consulting, co-presented by Gareth Kitson of AppSense, to unpack the study, including benefits, costs, flexibility and risk in enterprises leveraging the power of the AppSense User Virtualization Platform. AppSense's User Virtualization Platform comprises three products DesktopNow, MobileNow and DataNow that together manage all aspects of the user experience including data and application management, across both desktop and mobile devices.
The webinar is Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2013, at 8 a.m. PST / 11 a.m. EST / 4 p.m. GMT / 5 p.m. CET. Register Now.
For the latest news and information follow AppSense on the web at:
About Forrester Research
Forrester Research, Inc. (Nasdaq: FORR) is an independent research company that provides pragmatic and forward-thinking advice to global leaders in business and technology. Forrester works with professionals in 17 key roles at major companies providing proprietary research, customer insight, consulting, events, and peer-to-peer executive programs. For more than 29 years, Forrester has been making IT, marketing, and technology industry leaders successful every day. For more information, visit www.forrester.com
AppSense, the people-centric computing company, is a leading provider of user virtualization technology that transforms organizations into productive mobile workforces securely governed by IT. AppSense enables companies to embrace consumerization in the enterprise by independently managing all aspects of the user experience across mobile devices and desktops. Our user virtualization technology reduces IT complexity and improves the deployment, management and migration of multi-platform desktop and mobile environments. The company is headquartered in the United Kingdom with offices around the world. For more information visit www.appsense.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks