|By PR Newswire||
|January 23, 2013 09:00 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Investcorp, a leading international alternative asset manager, today announced that it has acquired a majority stake in FishNet Security, Inc. ("FishNet"), North America's leading dedicated information technology solutions security firm. FishNet's previous investor was Chicago-based Lake Capital. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
FishNet provides information security solutions that combine technology, consulting and training services. FishNet helps identify risks and develop solutions and technologies to safeguard customers' day-to-day information security.
Steve Puccinelli, Head of Corporate Investments, North America and Europe said: "FishNet operates in the growing IT security sector and provides its services to businesses and institutions facing next-generation security threats brought on by the increasing adoption of new technologies such as cloud computing, virtualization, social networking and mobile computing."
The FishNet investment will be managed in tandem by Investcorp's North American Corporate Investments team and Investcorp Technology Partners, the firm's US and European-based technology investment group.
Andrew Flett, a Principal with Investcorp Technology Partners, added: "We are delighted to be able to partner with FishNet and look forward to working with FishNet's management team to help FishNet grow its business."
Gary Fish, Founder and CEO of FishNet, said: "We are very excited to be working with Investcorp's exceptional team both in North America and Europe."
Investcorp was advised by Raymond James & Associates on the transaction and Gibson Dunn provided legal counsel. FishNet was advised by William Blair & Company and Kirkland & Ellis LLP provided legal counsel.
Investcorp is a leading provider and manager of alternative investment products. Investcorp has offices in New York, London and Bahrain and is publicly traded on the Bahrain Bourse (INVCORP). Investcorp has three main business areas: corporate investment in the U.S., Europe and the Gulf, real estate investment in the U.S. and global hedge funds. As at June 30, 2012, Investcorp had $11.5 billion in assets under management. Further information is available at www.investcorp.com.
About FishNet Security
FishNet Security is the leading provider of information security solutions that combine technology, services, support and training. Since 1996, the company has enabled clients to manage risk, meet compliance requirements and reduce costs while maximizing security effectiveness and operational efficiency. FishNet Security is committed to information security excellence and delivers quality solutions to over 3,000 clients worldwide. For more information about FishNet Security, visit www.fishnetsecurity.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London