|By Pat Romanski||
|January 23, 2013 08:57 AM EST||
SingleHop on Wednesday announced the launch of Hosted Cloud Apps, a new hosted application solution that gives SingleHop customers a simplified way to discover, deploy and manage applications on virtual machines in the cloud.
According to SingleHop CEO Zak Boca the company was able "to integrate the marketplace seamlessly into our console and infrastructure, and customize it with our own look-and-feel to provide a user experience that is point-click simple."
Built on technology from Standing Cloud, a provider of cloud marketplace and management solutions for IaaS, cloud and hosting providers, Hosted Cloud Apps is an easy-to-use marketplace of 100+ applications, software, development tools and deployment options,fully pre-configured to run instantly and reliably on the SingleHop infrastructure. Once an application is deployed, automated application lifecycle management features give SingleHop customers an easy way to manage their servers and applications on a continuing basis, including monitoring, scaling, back-ups, upgrades, auto-restore and more.
In addition to simplicity and ease-of-use, SingleHop's Hosted Cloud Apps solution offers benefits that traditional Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and more complex methods of deploying infrastructure and software just can't match. "With a CRM application in SaaS, for example, a user may not have to worry about infrastructure, but they should be concerned about who controls their data and the cost of adding new users," said Boca. "By comparison, Hosted Cloud Apps deliver the simplicity of SaaS, but with complete ownership of data, a wide range of available applications, and no additional costs for adding more users."
"Application storefronts like SingleHop's Hosted Cloud Apps that make it simple to deploy and manage programs like WordPress, SugarCRM and OpenVBX in the cloud are rapidly changing the way software and applications are consumed by businesses and the enterprise," said David Jilk, CEO of Standing Cloud. "With easy integration, a seamless customer experience, custom branding and a deep application catalog, the Standing Cloud Marketplace is a great solution for innovative IaaS providers like SingleHop who are ready to move up the stack and expand their offerings to the application layer."
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks