|By PR Newswire||
|January 23, 2013 06:30 AM EST||
NEW HAVEN, Conn., Jan. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Hedgeye Risk Management, a leading independent financial research and media company, just closed a round of financing representing the first time the company has taken on outside capital. Investors in this round include high net worth individuals and 500 Startups, a Silicon Valley based seed fund and startup accelerator. Though Hedgeye did not disclose the amount of money raised, the company did say that it will deploy the capital as part of a broader media-focused strategy for the company.
"As the media landscape changes dramatically and as alternative types of media like Twitter emerge, Hedgeye is uniquely positioned to capitalize on this trend," says Hedgeye CEO and Founder Keith McCullough. "Our plans are bold and aggressive when it comes to media, and we wouldn't have it any other way."
"I've always been a fan of no-BS analysis, and Hedgeye helps even Wall Street idiots like me tell the difference between bulls and bears," says Dave McClure, Founding Partner of 500 Startups.
Hedgeye sees a generational opportunity in both financial services and media with a focus on proprietary content generated by the more than two dozen research analysts at the firm. Hedgeye already produces video, audio and text-based products across multiple platforms, and plans to build on that success.
Hedgeye Risk Management is a leading independent financial research and media company. Focused on generating and delivering actionable investment ideas, the firm combines quantitative, bottom-up and macro analysis with an emphasis on timing. The Hedgeye team features some of the world's most regarded research analysts – united around a vision of independent, un-compromised real-time investment research as a service. Hedgeye Media produces a wide variety of audio, video and written content that is proprietary and essential, and is distributed globally across multiple platforms. Hedgeye also provides content and analysis for major media outlets including Fortune Magazine and CNBC television. Visit www.hedgeye.com for more information.
SOURCE Hedgeye Risk Management
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher