|By PR Newswire||
|January 23, 2013 03:34 AM EST||
ZURICH, January 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
The Jacobs Foundation is issuing a call for nominations for the 2013 Klaus J. Jacobs Research Prize. This prize, which comes with a cash award of one million Swiss francs, recognizes the work of scholars in any discipline devoted to promoting the successful development and life chances of children and adolescents.
Professional organizations and experts all over the world who are engaged in research on children and youth are encouraged to submit nominations. Potential recipients include members of any academic discipline that seeks to encourage the positive development of children and young people, including education, education economics, sociology, psychology, political science, neuroscience, linguistics and medicine.
Following a multi-stage process, an international committee of seven experts will select a prize winner with an outstanding record of achievement. Past winners of the Klaus J. Jacobs Research Prize are Dante Cicchetti (2012), Michael Tomasello (2011), Terrie Moffitt and Avshalom Caspi (2010) as well as Laurence Steinberg (2009).
The Jacobs Foundation will accept nominations until March 15, 2013. Self-nominations are not permitted. Detailed information and the nomination materials can be found at
Information about the Jacobs Foundation
The Jacobs Foundation is active worldwide in promoting child and youth development. It was founded in Zurich by entrepreneur Klaus J. Jacobs in 1989. The Jacobs Foundation allocates a budget of approximately 35 million Swiss francs per year to fund research projects, intervention programs and scientific institutions. It is committed to scientific excellence and evidence-based research. With its investment of 200 million euros to support Jacobs University Bremen (2006), the Jacobs Foundation has set new standards for private funding.
Communication Manager Jacobs Foundation
Post Office Box
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks