|By PR Newswire||
|January 23, 2013 03:31 AM EST||
HELSINKI, January 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Foodie.fm enables new innovation to improve everyday lives of Finnish consumers
Digital Foodie, developer of the award winning Foodie.fm platform, has helped S Group, one of the largest retail chain in Nordics, to improve their Collect & Go service for groceries. Consumers can now pick up their groceries from a self-service parcel point. The self-service Collect & Go is being piloted in Finland with HOK-Elanto, the largest regional co-operative of S Group.
The new self-service is an extension to the Collect & Go service that was launched in November 2012. Foodie.fm users can now decide if they want their groceries to be delivered home, picked up from a Collect & Go store or a self-service parcel point. The idea is to give consumers more flexibility and see how self-service parcel points could be used for online grocery shopping.
"Our goal is to help consumers eat well and shop smart. Foodie.fm is already tailored to user's individual needs and now we can offer more flexibility for the order fulfillment too. We believe that self-service Collect & Go could work internationally. It would be ideal for busy commuter sites where there isn't too much space to park near the collection point," explains Kalle Koutajoki, CEO of Digital Foodie.
The new self-service Collect & Go can be selected as one of the delivery options for ordering groceries online from Foodie.fm. After placing an order, the user will receive a SMS with collection time and a code to open the locker. Lockers only open after the shopping has been paid with a chip & pin card. The lockers are insulated and temperatures are monitored to guarantee the chill chain. Finnish postal service Itella provides the self-service lockers and related payment system for the pilot. The new service costs €6,90 and groceries are stored in the locker maximum of two hours.
About Digital Foodie Ltd.
Foodie.fm is a multi-platform service designed by Digital Foodie. It is a fully personalised grocery shopping platform used by major food-retailers and brands. The core of the service is formed by highly personalised food and product recommendations that make everyday shopping easy and fun. For retailers, the Foodie.fm platform provides all the tools needed to run modern eCommerce operations and home deliveries. Foodie.fm is currently available on the web, Facebook, iPad, iPhone, Android and Nokia platforms. Digital Foodie is headquartered in Helsinki, Finland. http://www.foodie.fm
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?