|By PR Newswire||
|January 22, 2013 08:17 PM EST||
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif., Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In response to today's Los Angles Times story Mahony Tried to Conceal Abuse, John Manly, an attorney who has deposed former Cardinal Roger Mahony in sex abuse cases involving the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, issued the following statement:
The documents revealed in court demonstrate clearly and without question that the Archdiocese was engaged and remains engaged in an alleged conspiracy to protect pedophile priests and the Roman Catholic Hierarchy. Cardinal Roger Mahony is at the center of this conduct. The question that needs to be answered is, "Did law enforcement, and specifically its leadership in Los Angeles, either completely miss these crimes or did they ignore them?" These documents have been in the possession of the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office for years and yet no action, and little, if any criticism has been leveled against Cardinal Mahony and the Hierarchy.
It is reasonable to ask why and how such an alleged miscarriage of justice was allowed to occur. Cardinal Mahony has been deposed on three separate occasions by me and my law firm. In addition, we have deposed Bishop Curry, the Archdiocese's chief advisor on sex abuse cases, who features prominently in the documents released last week. A review of these depositions demonstrates substantial inconsistencies with their sworn answers and the conduct illustrated in the documents.
About John Manly and Manly & Stewart: The founding partner at Manly & Stewart in Irvine, California, John Manly was named one of California's "Top 100 Attorneys" by the Los Angeles Daily Journal and is California's preeminent attorney representing victims of sexual abuse. Over the past decade, John and his legal team have been heavily involved in the most significant sexual abuse actions litigated across the nation, assisting in the recovery of more than a billion dollars—through trial and settlement—on behalf sexual abuse victims.
For more information about the firm please visit www.manlystewart.com
SOURCE Manly & Stewart
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher