|By PR Newswire||
|January 22, 2013 07:53 PM EST||
JACKSONVILLE, Fla., Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- HemaTerra Technologies, an end-to-end operational software systems provider to organizations that collect blood, platelets, plasma and other biologic products, announced the approaching release of HemaComply, a quality control (QC) management system that helps blood centers control their cost of quality. HemaComply will configure to any QC plan, meet regulatory guidelines, and manage workflow — from collected units to sampling, tests and reports.
Comprehensive, yet lean, this web-enabled QC management system will add efficiency by automating manual processes and operating under predefined configurations. Hours of manual recording will be replaced with actionable prompts to QC managers, such as information reports. HemaComply meets regulatory guidelines by determining sample size and selection with the Statistical Process Control (SPC) method. Also, leukocyte reduction errors (both process and non-process) are documented and alerted to QC managers. The result is a compliant and cost-effective QC plan.
HemaTerra has collaborated with key industry organizations that share the challenge of maintaining an effective QC plan. "The combined knowledge of respected industry executives, who operate blood centers of varied size, is invaluable," said Todd Collins, President and CEO of HemaTerra Technologies. "Their insight clarifies a very complex process and speaks to the readiness for an encompassing technology solution for controlling costs," continued Collins.
HemaTerra appreciates the guidance and support received from the following blood centers:
- The Blood and Tissue Center of Central Texas, Austin, Texas;
- Carter BloodCare, Bedford, Texas;
- Coastal Bend Blood Center, Corpus Christi, Texas;
- Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center, Houston, Texas; and
- LifeShare Blood Centers, Shreveport, La.
QC plan managers will benefit from the reports and analytics provided by HemaComply, as well as the ability to build or define sampling plans with reassurance that they meet regulatory guidelines. Sampling plans will be specific to collection device, location and product, and will allow QC managers to determine the respective sample size, based on a binomial or hypergeometric distribution method.
About HemaTerra Technologies
HemaTerra Technologies works exclusively with organizations that collect blood, platelets, plasma and other biologic products. HemaTerra provides creative end-to-end operational software systems that have more features, more power and cost less.
SOURCE HemaTerra Technologies
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher